Vacationers will notice a handful of sailboats at every local Outer Banks port, either saddled up to the docks or breezing across the harbor, en route to the nearest sound for a cruise, or to the continent-spanning Intracoastal Waterway to continue a long coastal voyage. Some vacationers are even in it for the long haul, docking for a summer or a winter season at a number of local marinas that offer all the comforts of home. Clearly, sailing lovers of all varieties have plenty of options, but even newcomers to the sport can experiment with life on the water with a local sailing lesson, rental, or waterfront cruise.
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
You will savor this marvelous well-appointed bungalow aptly named Casa de Amor. Appreciate the village vibe from the roomy wraparound porch or walk to coffee stores, eateries, stores, and galleries. There is an broad kitchen that is great for preparing vacation meals. The home is pet-friendly with wood floors and tile and a completely fenced yard. 3 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Double. Master bath has shower only. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access and cable TV and DVD. Gas Fireplace (Off-Season Only). Washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a screened porch, deck, outdoor shower, charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and enclosed yard. Tandem kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be happy to assist. Pet friendly. No smoking. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Property Layout: Single story home: Living Area, Kitchen, Dining Area. Master Bedroom with King Bed, TV, Master Bath with Shower. Bedroom with Queen Bed with TV. Bedroom with Double Bed with TV/DVD. Laundry Room. Bath with Tub/Shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Ocracoke rental home experience:
Sticking to your rental home budget:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking in Fall or Spring is a good way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers usually offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Ocracoke area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guides contain discounts for local shops and restaurants.
Planning, picking, and booking your Ocracoke vacation home:
- To start, have your family agree to dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Casa de Amor: Fabulous pet friendly home with enclosed yard. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly accessible on booking pages. If not, contact the host before reserving the property. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to establish what is optimal for your trip.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, property owners charge additional pet fees.
- If there's an individual Ocracoke destination you are crazy about, keep an eye out for homes that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
More considerations for your visit:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your family's visit, note any problem areas upon your arrival. E-mail the rental manager immediately to relay any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peaceful home life. Use the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a excellent stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental and/or host was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.1 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles