The Ocracoke Wild Horses, or "Banker Ponies" are easily Ocracoke's oldest residents, and have been plodding along the island for the last few hundred years. These famed horses are arguably one of the island's top attractions, and can be easily admired by any Ocracoke visitor via a quick trip to the National Park Service's Ocracoke Pony Pen.
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Appreciate this bright and airy, pet-friendly Ocracoke vacation home with broad vistas of the close by pond and salt marsh. Unwind on the deck swing and rockers on the enormous screened porch, adjacent to the open living room/kitchen area. View ample birdlife from the sizable upper deck adjoining 2nd-floor bedrooms. Ocean breezes and plentiful windows provide superb cross ventilation. 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with Double. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans in all rooms, complimentary wireless Internet access, two flat-screen cable TVs, and 2 DVD players. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). *Washer and dryer. The exterior offers two screened porches, two open porches, a huge hot/cold outdoor shower with convenient foot wash, park-style charcoal grille, and deck swing. Pet Friendly. *This home does not provide linens. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. NO CITY WATER (NON-POTABLE treated and filtered well water). Bird's Eye View offers a Water Cooler with instant hot and cold water. One complimentary 5-gallon bottle of water per week. No Smoking anywhere on-premises. Limit 2 cars. What's New for 2022: New owners have upgraded the water system, restocked the kitchen, refreshed the home, and redone the parking and landscaping. *Washer requires low suds High Efficiency 'HE' Detergent. Detergent and additional bottled water for the water cooler are available for purchase at the close by Ocracoke Variety Store. Property Layout: Floor 1: Half Bath. Laundry Room. Floor 2: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD/VCR. Floor 3: Bath with shower stall. Floor 4: Bedroom with Double bed. Bedroom with Queen and Master Bath with tub/shower. Floor 5: Bedroom with Queen, TV/DVD. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be reserved when reserving your vacation property or added to your reservation any time before your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Ocracoke Beach and Springer's Point Preserve, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Ocracoke vacation rental home tips and tricks:
Getting the most from your spending budget:
- June, July, and August are high season in Ocracoke. Booking your Ocracoke vacation home in Fall or Spring is a good way to save money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved early. Booking your vacation property six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guides have deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Choosing the best vacation home in the Ocracoke area:
- Begin by choosing potential vacation weeks and a spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Birds Eye View: Pet friendly home with marsh views. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property manager before booking the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? If so, use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- Some properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Get the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- During check-in, note any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a fantastic resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all personal items at check-out. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a fantastic stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- 1718 Brewing - 0.0 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.0 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.0 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles