For families travelling to the beach, or fishermen carrying tackle/coolers, a beach cart can be the best purchase of your vacation. These carts feature extra-wide wheels to move across soft sand, even when loaded. Carts are often built for specific scenarios, so think about the gear you’d be putting on your cart before making a decision.
- As low as $190/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Balcony or patio
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Limited onsite parking
- Living room
- Pet friendly
- Refrigerator (mini)
- Smoke-free property
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Holloman House is a great family and dog friendly home with room to spread out. This bungalow features a living room area on both the first and second floor. Savor a walk or bicycle ride to stores and eateries.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: First floor offers 1 bedroom with a Queen and a Twin, 1 bedroom with a Queen. Second floor bedroom with Queen Bed and a Double Futon. There is one bathroom on each floor.
The first level features a living area with kitchenette and TV/DVD and full bath with tub/shower. The second floor offers an open floor plan with full kitchen, living area, dining area, washer/dryer and screened porch.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 4 TVs and 2 DVD players. The den offers a wet bar, microwave and mini refrigerator. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play.
The exterior offers a screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs. Limit of 3 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Living Room with Kitchenette, TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed and Twin bed, TV. Bedroom with Queen. Hallway Bath with tub/shower.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed and Double Futon, TV. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation property experience:
Sticking to your spending budget:
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked early. Booking your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your rental property.
- June, July, and August are high season in the Ocracoke area. To get the best value, consider changing your trip dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm weather, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Often, rental management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guides that include special offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- To start, have your family choose dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Holloman House: Dog friendly home with plenty of space has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts is generally accessible online. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property management company before reserving the home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you will need a pet-friendly property. Ask for specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Considerations for your stay:
- Put the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of problems.
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let crooks ruin your family vacation.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be helpful if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all belongings. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on great reviews to compel more bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles