If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- As low as $181/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Appreciate this comfortable, Saturday turn day home in a peaceful neighborhood called Jackson Dunes. Let your four-legged family member roam freely in the fenced in yard while you savor the two decks or screened porch. All are ideal retreats for morning coffee, appreciating a book or evening beverages. Wood floor throughout provides a ideal environment for your companion animal to cool off during the heat of the day. *one pet allowed for no additional fee: each additional pet $75.00. This property does not provide linens or towels, please inquire about rental options.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
Ocracoke rental property booking tips and tricks:
Sticking to your budget:
- The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved early. Reserving your vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your vacation rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Ocracoke. To find the best value, try shifting your trip dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer great temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guides have offers and deals for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Make a plan and pick a perfect Ocracoke vacation home:
- First and foremost, have your group agree to trip dates and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group needs. A Cat Named Vivian: Pet-friendly home with fenced yard in a quiet neighborhood. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available online. Otherwise, call the property manager before booking the home. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask your host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let burglars spoil your family vacation.
- Upon arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on great reviews to stimulate more bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.8 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles