The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $214/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Discover a hidden gem on Ocracoke Island with this three-bedroom vacation home, located away along a secluded private lane. A leisurely walk will take you to the "downtown" area, where you can immerse yourself in an array of fine dining options, enchanting shopping experiences, and appealing water activities. Embrace the appeal and convenience of this idyllic location, where memorable memories await.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 3 with Queen. Shower only in first-floor bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access. Ariosto offers 5 Intelligent TVs (please see property layout for details) and 3 DVD players. Washer and dryer. The fireplace is not available.
Ariosto offers screened porches, decks, a hot/cold outdoor shower, a park-style charcoal grille, and a fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs. Limit of 2 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with Intelligent TV with satellite. Bedroom with Queen bed and Roku TV. Semi-private bath with shower stall.
Second Floor: Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed and Roku TV. Loft den with TV (for games or DVDs, no cable, satellite, or streaming. Shared bath with tub/shower. Laundry closet.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Tricks and tips to get the perfect Ocracoke rental home experience:
How to get the best value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Ocracoke. Reserve your vacation in the Fall or Spring to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- The earlier your group can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved early. Booking your vacation rental up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your family.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guides which often include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Ariosto: Dog friendly, close to dining, shopping and water activities. has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available online. If they are not listed, reach out to the host before you reserve the rental. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what configuration is right for your vacation family.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or may be applied to your agreement.
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your smartphone.
- During arrival, note any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Be a good neighbor. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep the property locked while you're out! Don't let burglars ruin your vacation.
- Double-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a wonderful vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property management company was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.1 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles