Spring and fall visitors will notice the popularity of kiteboarding on the Outer Banks the moment they ride down a stretch of soundfront highway. In the off-season months, it's not unusual to spot dozens if not hundreds of multi-colored kites lining the skies over the Outer Banks' miles of sound waters.
- As low as $382/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- DVD player
- 3 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 10
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This roomy Ocracoke Island waterfront home features an extraordinary wraparound porch ideally suited for family gatherings, socializing, or calming in the hammock or Adirondack chairs. Stroll out on the private dock. Appreciate expansive vistas of the sunset on Pamlico Sound and sunrises on the adjoining salt marsh.
Totally equipped and attractively decorated. The open floor plan is cavernous and comfortable. A huge living area offers marvelous water vistas. A second floor den offers a comfortable area for relaxation.
3 Master Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: First floor Master Bedroom with Queen. Second floor offers two Master Bedrooms, each with 1 with Queen and 2 Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, two TVs with internet service with local channels. Guests can use their own accounts to access various online viewing services. TVs do not provide home streaming accounts. Two DVD players. The kitchen offers two full size fridges. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a private dock with stairway, bulkhead, outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
Sheets and towels supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 6 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Primary Bedroom with Queen bed and Primary Bath with shower. Half Bath. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Two Primary Bedrooms, each with a Queen bed and two Twin beds. One Primary Bath with tub/shower and one with shower. Den with TV/DVD.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Looking to get your feet wet? Motor boating and fishing adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Getting the most from your budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of NC. To find the best value, try shifting your family's Ocracoke trip dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer excellent weather, , and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved early. Reserving your vacation property up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Property management companies sometimes offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides have coupons for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by selecting your potential vacation weeks and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Anticipation: Private dock, wrap around deck, expansive sound views. has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is often accessible online. If they are not listed, contact the host before reserving your home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to work out what is right for your trip.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke attraction you simply love, search for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- If your group is bringing pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Add a note with the instructions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- At Check-in, note any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few issues.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental home while you are out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the property to make sure you've collected everything. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a wonderful vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.8 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.8 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.4 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles