The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $171/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- In a village
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Well-appointed, bright, family-friendly, Ocracoke Island home. Relaxed. Simple. A comfortable getaway for a couple or modest family.
Located on a dead-end street, this home sits on six tons near the end of Ocean View Road with a giant grassy yard and shady cedar trees. The kids can ride their bicycles and run around outside. You can sit and watch the sunrise while birds dart and sing. Step out onto the porch at nighttime in a neighborhood with little light pollution and look up at the magnificence of the heavens above.
Centrally located, it’s an painless walk to the Village and for those that savor cycling about a 15 min. bicycle ride to the Lifeguard Beach. Walk to the grocery store, the ice cream parlor, many eateries, and coffee stores for a delicious frothy fix. Biking and walking are the best way to travel around Ocracoke Village.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen. 1 with 2 Twins. Bathroom has tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, 40” Intelligent TV, cable service, blu-ray DVD player and complimentary wireless internet access. Entirely-appointed kitchen a blender and most everything needed to prepare and bake. Telephone. Full-sized washer/dryer.
The exterior offers a humongous yard with great lawn for outdoor activities, front and rear deck, enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and clothes line.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 Vehicles.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
Single story home: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV. Bedroom with two Twin Beds. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet with washer and dryer.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the best rental experience:
When to visit & When to book:
- Summer months are high season in the Ocracoke area. Booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is a great way to save on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable homes.
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites usually offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines have money saving offers on nearby tours and attractions.
Selecting and booking the rightrental home:
- First, have your group agree to date ranges and a spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Sutton Place: Large yard perfect for outdoor activities. has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible online. If you don't see them listed, call the property manager before you reserve the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Does your family require special amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about pets before booking.
Tips for your stay:
- Be sure you get the host's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your . We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone.
- To make sure damages aren't attributed to your stay, record any problem areas when you arrive. Contact the host right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you're out and about. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- On check-out day, take a final walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a great stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles