Long before the summer vacationing families discovered the Outer Banks as a hot tourist destination, fishermen from across the country flocked to coastal North Carolina. With no roads to navigate, and no vacation homes to stay in, anglers would brave the makeshift sandy paths that ran along thebeaches, and would set up makeshift campsites whenever there was protection from the wind and waves. They went through great efforts to visit the Outer Banks for one reason: Exceptional fishing.
- As low as $167/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fenced yard
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Welcome doggies and humans! Unwind and appreciate your “pause” in this comfortable island home located at the end of a sandy lane. Tucked among the cedars, it provides an escape for couples or modest families. This Saturday turn day property has two bedrooms with a queen bed in each bedroom. Updated open floor plan, local art and wood floors are featured, and best of all; you don’t have to leave your best friend at home! Savor the evening breeze on the back deck while your furry friend enjoys the fenced in dog run in the back yard. The outdoor shower accepts you to feel clean and refreshed after a day at the beach or returning from a fishing trip. Linens and towels are not included, please inquire about rental options. *Limit of 2 dogs
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Our top Ocracoke vacation rental booking tips:
When to visit & When to reserve a Ocracoke rental home:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the best value, shift your trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warm weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Owners sometimes offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Many rental management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guides that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- To start, have your family commit to trip dates and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Sandy Pause is a charming pet friendly cottage with a fenced yard. has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is almost always available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property owner before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to work out what is best for your vacation group.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly rental. Get details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke attraction you long to visit, keep an eye out for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
More tips for your visit:
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let thieves spoil your family vacation.
- During check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and attractions you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at departure. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the host isn't available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a wonderful stay? Most rental managers make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles