The Ocracoke Wild Horses, or "Banker Ponies" are easily Ocracoke's oldest residents, and have been plodding along the island for the last few hundred years. These famed horses are arguably one of the island's top attractions, and can be easily admired by any Ocracoke visitor via a quick trip to the National Park Service's Ocracoke Pony Pen.
- As low as $201/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Onsite parking
- Service animals only (pets not allowed)
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Escape the hustle of life and sink into an island state of mind at Cole Bin. This Sunday turn day property is a single-story, two bedrooms, and one and a half bathrooms. Located right on the corner of two peaceful streets, sit out on the screened porches, and listen to the birds sing or the soft whispers of marsh grasses. The master bedroom has a queen bed, and the second bedroom has a queen bed and a bunk bed, accepting this property to sleep 6 people. For an even cooler outdoor sitting experience, there is a screened in sitting area under the home. A short walk down the street leads you to a canal. This property does not provide linens or towels, please inquire about rental options. Parking is limited to 2-3 cars.
About the Area
This apartment is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Strategies to get the perfect Ocracoke rental home experience:
Finding the best value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal NC. To find the most suitable rental home for your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guides have coupons for nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Choosing and booking a perfectrental home:
- Begin by selecting potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Escape the hustle of life and sink into an island state of mind at Cole Bin. has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is usually available online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds. You will need to determine what is suitable for your vacation group.
- If there's a certain Ocracoke beach you simply love, look for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or costs applied to your agreement.
Advice for a great stay:
- Add the host's contact info to your phone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that damages are not attributed to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas during arrival. message the host immediately to record any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let thieves spoil your trip.
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental one final time and look for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to stimulate future reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.8 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles