Swimming is a local sport that never goes out of style on the Outer Banks, and with literally miles of ocean and sound waters to paddle around, there's no shortage of refreshing locales to enjoy a dip. Vacationers will find they have their choice of swimming destinations, from the fun and challenging ocean waves, to the shallow splashing waters of the sound, to the assortment of public and community pools found all along the islands.
- As low as $175/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 total pets
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Designated smoking areas
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In a village
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Note from host: Please be mindful of cigarette butts
- On the lake
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Porch or lanai
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 900 sq ft (84 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 900 square feet
As you go down the drive way to "Pearl" you will note it is delightful and extended to allow for max. privacy. When you enter you will see the main home to the right. You will enter the Kitchen area of our home. The kitchen offers an open concept to the living and dining area so that as the "resident chef" you can feel included in all the conversation with your friends and family. As you will see the Kitchen has a center island for the sink and dishwasher.
The living space offers all new furnishings such as the pull out couch (Queen) with enchanting, crisp cotton sheets. You will be able to appreciate Netflix on the new Roku TV, but, as always, why watch TV when you can be out appreciating the Ocracoke vistas !!
There are 2 bedrooms for you to choose from. The one on your left as you enter the hallway is a brand new Beauty Rest Double bed with a splendid antique Pine dresser. The ceiling fan and mini-split heat pump will ensure that you or your guest sleep well at their own temperature.
The bedroom to the right, the Master, features a new Beauty Rest Queen bed, with cooling bed cover. Also noted in the room for your sleeping comfort is a ceiling fan and your own mini-split heat pump as well. The 2 antique old English Pine dressers are here for you to place. your belongings in so that it feels just like home !
The center hall bathroom has just experienced a "from the sand up" remodel, all the while saving as much of the original structure as we could. We know that you will appreciate the original Bead Board ceilings and new Ship Lap walls !! What are our 2 favorite features in the bathroom??? The deep Cast Iron soaking tub and the electric wall heater !! We know this will give you hours of enjoyment as you rest after a busy day exploring the wild beaches of Ocracoke !!
And the front porch !!!! What an absolute delight you will experience with the enormous couch and swing !! The wide expanse of the porch is ideal for early morning coffee and late nighttime chats with those you have allowed to come with you on this adventure.
Our personal favorite is the outdoor shower --- After enjoying an outdoor shower you will have a hard time going inside to shower. With overhead coverage in case of rain or chilly weather, the full door gives your most modest guest to savor the experience. One thing to be mindful of with the pipes in this historic home, someone might get chilly if both showers and dish washer are running at the same time.
All of the yard space are yours to enjoy ! The fenced in yard is ideal for any gathering, including your pet. We do ask that all pet waste is removed from the yard as no one wants to put a toe into anything left behind!
Can you see yourself in our bungalow? We can, as long as you promise to be neat, tidy and respectful of a place that is so dear to us !
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this cottage is on a lake. Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
2 total pets
Booking the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Ocracoke area. Booking your vacation rental in Fall or Spring months is our best tip for saving money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property managers offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local articles, visitor guides contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
How to choose and book the perfect Ocracoke rental home:
- Select your vacation dates and max budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group needs. Historic 1936 Cottage in Central Village, but Secluded has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts is generally accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email the host before you book the vacation property. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Does your group require particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
- If your family is bringing pets, you must reserve a pet-friendly vacation rental. Get information on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Note any damages to the property at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be useful if a dispute arises.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be respectful. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect your property!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on good feedback to inspire future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles