- As low as $197/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Limited onsite parking
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor shower
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This appealing bungalow is located on Ocracoke's 'Back Road.' Immerse yourself in the vibrant local scene as you discover the close by stores, visit the library, and indulge in the beautiful beauty of Silver Lake Harbor. Plus, appreciate the company of the esteemed Ocracoke Coffee Company, a friendly neighbor that promises enchanting caffeine delights just steps away. This bungalow presents the ideal balance of peaceful serenity and simple access to the heart of Ocracoke's vibrant community. 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with King. 1 with a bunk bed and a queen size murphy bed. Full bath has tub/shower. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fan, complimentary wireless internet access, three internet TVs. Dishwasher and microwave. Standard coffee maker. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers two decks, two picnic tables, screened porch accessed from the side yard, an enclosed rear yard, a hammock, a hot/cold outdoor shower, park-style charcoal grille, and a fish cleaning bench (No Water). Covered parking. Tandem kayak. Life jackets are not included. Please get in touch with Ride The Wind Surf Shop if you wish to rent them. They will be happy to assist. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. Pet Friendly. Limit of 2 family pets. Limit of 3 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival. Property Layout: Single story home: Open living area with TV, dining, and kitchen. Bedroom with King bed with TV. Bedroom with a Bunk Bed, Queen Size Murphy Bed, and TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Hallway laundry closet.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips for getting the best vacation home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summer time is high season in Ocracoke. Book your rental home in the Spring or Fall to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer rate reductions for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for nearby tours and attractions.
Finding the best vacation rental in the Ocracoke area:
- First and foremost, have your family agree to vacation dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Out On A Limb: Pet friendly on Back Road near the Coffee Co. has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking websites. If not, email the property management company before you book the property. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to work out what is best for your vacation.
- If there's an individual Ocracoke attraction you long to visit, keep an eye out for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- If your family is traveling with pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Note that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if damages are assessed.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents quite a few issues.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a terrific resource to find the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all of your things. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a wonderful vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.0 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.4 miles