The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. Local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Kids are distance learning from the beach! Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- As low as $289/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Ceiling fan
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Limited onsite parking (max 3 spaces)
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
Sound Advice is a striking Ocracoke Island condo at the Horizons Condos located on the Pamlico Sound. Appreciate expansive vistas of colorful sunsets and Portsmouth Island in the distance. Walking distance to stores, eateries and the historic Ocracoke Lighthouse. This condo offers painless access for kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing and clamming. Staying at this charmingly decorated condo, you can escape, relax and savor the vacation of a lifetime. 3 bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Queen and Queen Sleeper Couch. Queen Size Sleeper Couch in living area. Central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs, and 3 DVD players. Washer/dryer. Whirlpool tub. Pack-N-Play. Gas fireplace is not available. *Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. (*All sheets are included Except Living Area Sleeper Couch.) A pier with shallow water access is great for fishing and crabbing. The exterior offers a cavernous deck. Covered Parking. Shared fish cleaning bench. Gas fireplace is not available. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Parking is limited to 3 cars and includes covered parking for two cars. Parking space (1B). No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Queen Sleeper Couch in living area. Half Bath. Laundry Closet. Second Floor: Primary Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Primary Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Bedroom with 1 with Double and Queen Sleeper Couch and TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this condo is on the waterfront. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental property booking tips:
When to book & When to go:
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking your Ocracoke vacation home in the Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Some hosts offer special rates for veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guides that include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Filter your rental search:
- Begin by selecting your a vacation week and a budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Sound Advice: Soundfront with panoramic views of colorful sunsets. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is usually available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before reserving the vacation home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine what configuration is right for your group.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or charges could be applied to your agreement.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Take a copy of the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent many issues.
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Upon arrival, make note of any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and look for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, ensure that you take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on good ratings to compel new bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your review find their best vacation home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.4 miles