The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. Local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Kids are distance learning from the beach! Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- As low as $127/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Gas grill
- Pet friendly
- Pets stay free
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Located in the trendy Windmill Point neighborhood between Silver Lake Harbor and the Pamlico Sound. This home has a enormous front yard along with a screened porch and back deck.
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath: Bedroom with Queen Bed. Queen Sleeper Couch in living area. The bathroom offers a shower only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, and internet TV. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, deck, and fish cleaning bench. Charcoal and gas grille. A path to Silver Lake Harbor, great for launching kayaks.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Queen Bed will be made for your arrival, additional set of sheets for the sleeper couch will be left at the home.
Pet Friendly. Limit of 2 family pets.
No Smoking. No Telephone.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
Open living, dining and kitchen. Living area with Queen Sleeper Couch. Bedroom with Queen Bed. Bathroom offers a shower only.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets stay free
- Service animals welcome
Strategies to get the best Ocracoke rental experience:
Finding your best deal:
- The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Summer time is high season in Ocracoke. To book the largest rental home for your budget, we recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at Ocracoke restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning and picking the perfectrental home:
- Start by choosing the best vacation week and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Perfect Getaway for Four! Close to Silver Lake! has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available online. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property owner before reserving your home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly rental. Get information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Does your family require special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
Know before you go:
- Get the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- To make sure that no damages are attributed to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas upon check in. Call the rental manager right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- At departure, take a walk-through to make sure you didn't forget any personal items. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental a final time and look for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a excellent time? Most rental websites make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your property and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles