For bird lovers, the Outer Banks is hard to beat. This delicate chain of barrier islands is not only home to dozens of different native shorebirds, but also thousands of migrating birds who make a rest stop on the Outer Banks every year. Add to this the fact that the islands have hundreds of miles of deserted beaches, maritime forest, and marshlands for species to quietly flourish, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is literally for the birds.
- As low as $131/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Porch or lanai
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Sandpiper’s Nest is a comfortable, cozy two-level, one bedroom condo located within painless walking distance of Silver Lake harbor, Ocracoke’s Lighthouse, stores, and eateries. Appreciate your morning coffee on the front porch as you watch the island come to life. This unit comes with shared pool access to refresh after a day at the beach. This Saturday turn day property has been gorgeously decorated with the living room and dining room located downstairs. Wood floors are throughout the whole unit, making this a great fit to bring your four-legged companion as well. The queen-sized bedroom, kitchen and bathroom are upstairs with an open floor plan. This property does provide all linens and towels to help with the ease of packing for your memorable vacation to Ocracoke Island.
About the Area
This condo is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Finding the best Ocracoke rental experience:
How to get the best value:
- The earlier your group can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are reserved early. Reserving your vacation rental up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Ocracoke area. To get the most suitable rental home for your budget, we suggest booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites often offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Many property management companies supply Ocracoke area visitor guide magazines which include special deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning and picking a perfectrental:
- Begin by selecting potential vacation weeks and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Within walking distance of the harbor, shops and restaurants. has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available online. If not, email the host before you reserve the vacation home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your group is bringing pets, you must reserve a property that allows animals. Ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Visiting for a specific event? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your smartphone.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're out! Don't let burglars spoil your family vacation.
- To make sure damages aren't linked to your visit, record any problem areas upon check in. message the host right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be a great source for finding the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all of your things. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Property managers rely on great feedback to inspire new bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will appreciate that you share your experience find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles