The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $284/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Unwind and appreciate Mermaid Manor, a cavernous and conveniently located reverse living vacation home on Ocracoke Island. Appreciate the many decks and screened porches that offer a variety of outdoor living space.
A enormous open floor plan with cathedral ceilings and considerable windows and sliding doors bring the outdoors in. Escape to the third floor loft or the first floor den.
4 bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Pyramid Bunk (Double on bottom/Twin on top) plus a Twin bed. Queen Sleeper Couch.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 6 cable TVs and 2 Blu-ray DVD players. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival, with the exception of the top bunk.
The exterior offers screened porches and decks. Picnic table. Hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Mini refrigerator in the ground level storage shed. Covered parking.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Primary Bedroom with King bed, TV, Primary Bath with tub/shower and private screened porch. Bedroom with Queen, TV and screened porch access. Bedroom with Pyramid Bunk Bed (Double on bottom/Twin on top) and Twin bed, TV and screened porch access. Den with Queen Sleeper Couch, TV/DVD. Laundry Closet. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Stairway Half Bath.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Primary Bedroom with King bed, TV, Primary Bath with tub/shower and private deck access.
Third Floor: Modest Loft with couch.
Ground Level: Storage Shed with mini refrigerator.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the best Ocracoke vacation home experience:
When to visit Ocracoke & When to book:
- To find the best value, try shifting your family's Ocracoke trip dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides contain offers and deals for nearby tours and attractions.
Planning and picking the perfectrental home:
- Begin by choosing potential vacation weeks and a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Mermaid Manor: Contemporary spacious home, decks and screened porches has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is usually accessible online. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before booking your rental. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is best for your trip.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Get details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
During your stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home.
- Note any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents a lot of issues.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let crooks ruin your holiday.
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to inspire more bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles