Seasoned visitors to Ocracoke Island love to soak in its rich heritage and culture which dates back to the 1500s, and features some legendary and longstanding residents. Some of the most popular Ocracoke locals are the Wild Ponies, which are protected in a secluded 180 acre area enclosure on the soundside of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, but can still be enjoyed by anyone passing through the island on NC Highway 12.
- As low as $264/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 9
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Unwind and appreciate Mermaid Manor, a cavernous and conveniently located reverse living vacation home on Ocracoke Island. Savor the many decks and screened porches that offer a variety of outdoor living space. A enormous open floor plan with cathedral ceilings and considerable windows and sliding doors bring the outdoors in. Escape to the third floor loft or the first floor den. 4 bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with Pyramid Bunk (Double on bottom/Twin on top) plus a Twin bed. Queen Sleeper Couch. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 6 cable TVs and 2 Blu-ray DVD players. Washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers screened porches and decks. Picnic table. Hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Mini refrigerator in the ground level storage shed. Covered parking. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor: Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, Master Bath with tub/shower and private screened porch. Bedroom with Queen, TV and screened porch access. Bedroom with Pyramid Bunk Bed (Double on bottom/Twin on top) and Twin bed, TV and screened porch access. Den with Queen Sleeper Couch, TV/DVD. Laundry Closet. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Stairway Half Bath. Second Floor: Open floor plan with kitchen, dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, Master Bath with tub/shower and private deck access. Third Floor: Modest Loft with couch. Ground Level: Storage Shed with mini refrigerator. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
Find your perfect rental:
- The earlier your group can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved early. Booking your vacation property six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your vacation home.
- Summertime is high season in Ocracoke. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is a great way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Ocracoke area magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guides have offers and deals for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Select your dates and budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Mermaid Manor: Contemporary spacious home, decks and screened porches has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is almost always available online. Otherwise, email the host before reserving the property. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what is optimal for your group.
- If your family is bringing pets, filter your search for a rental that allows animals. Get information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- Is your family looking for special amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your phone.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are away, just like you would at home.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas during arrival. text the property manager right away to relay any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience find their best vacation rental. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles