The Ocracoke Wild Horses, or "Banker Ponies" are easily Ocracoke's oldest residents, and have been plodding along the island for the last few hundred years. These famed horses are arguably one of the island's top attractions, and can be easily admired by any Ocracoke visitor via a quick trip to the National Park Service's Ocracoke Pony Pen.
- As low as $373/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Fenced yard
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Savor an island hideaway at No Fools No Fun featuring a private pool with wonderfully landscaped yard. This cavernous home is located in a peaceful residential neighborhood. Appreciate a sizable open floor plan combining the living, dining and kitchen located on the second floor. Rear screened porches on both levels and a huge covered front porch. 4 bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: Master Bedroom with King, Master Bedroom with Queen and 2 bedrooms with two Twin beds. Master bathrooms include whirlpool tub and separate shower. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 6 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. Washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a private 11' x 24' pool, two screened porches, decks, enclosed yard, hot/cold outdoor shower and charcoal grille. Covered parking. *Pool is open April 9 - October 14, 2022. Off-site docking is available in Oyster Creek. No boat length restriction. 3.5 foot water depth. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. min. 4 cars. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Guests of No Fools No Fun receive discounted units of a Golf Cart at Wheelie Fun Golf Cart Units. Advanced reservations recommended. Delivery to No Fools No Fun is available. Property Layout: First Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Two Bedrooms, each with two Twin beds, TVs. Entry Sitting Area. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Half Bath. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect vacation home experience:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are high season in the Ocracoke area. To get the best value, consider shifting your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent weather, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- Hosts sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines have money saving offers on nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
How to select the best rental in Ocracoke:
- First, have your family agree to dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. No Fools No Fun: Private pool with a wonderfully landscaped yard. has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always available online. Otherwise, call the property management company before booking the vacation property. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your family.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or might be applied to your agreement.
- Are you visiting for a single event? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Considerations for your stay:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home when you are out, just like you would back home.
- To make sure that damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, make a record of any problem areas upon your arrival. Get in touch with the host right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- On check-out day, take a walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great reviews to stimulate new bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles