The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $310/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This handsome canalfront vacation home on Ocracoke Island offers a shallow canal leading to the Pamlico Sound for great kayaking. The open floorplan offers a light filled and breezy ambiance. Prepare memorable vacation meals in the cavernous kitchen with breakfast bar.
Appreciate lavish vistas of the neighboring marsh and Pamlico Sound from the open living and kitchen area or from the decks or screened porches.
4 bedrooms, 3 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs and 3 DVD players. Whirlpool tub. The kitchen offers a wine refrigerator, Keurig K-Cup and standard coffee maker. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High Chair.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers two screened porches, open and covered decks, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench and park style charcoal grille. Covered parking.
No Smoking. Limit of 3 cars.
No Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Primary Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Primary Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with Queen bed, Bedroom with two Twin beds, TV, and Shared Bath with tub/shower.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed, TV, and Semi-Private Bath with whirlpool tub/shower. Den with dining table.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the perfect Ocracoke rental experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Ocracoke area. To find the best value, try changing your family's Ocracoke vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Some property management companies offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitors guide magazines that include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting and booking the perfectvacation home:
- Choose your dates and budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Seaire: Spacious, open floorplan, convenient for kayaking. has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking pages. If not, reach out to the host before booking your home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home. Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To make sure damages aren't attributed to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas upon your arrival. Contact the property manager immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of issues.
- Be a good neighbor. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the property to confirm you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to drive future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.8 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.9 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.9 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.9 miles