Seasoned visitors to Ocracoke Island love to soak in its rich heritage and culture which dates back to the 1500s, and features some legendary and longstanding residents. Some of the most popular Ocracoke locals are the Wild Ponies, which are protected in a secluded 180 acre area enclosure on the soundside of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, but can still be enjoyed by anyone passing through the island on NC Highway 12.
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This huge Ocracoke home offers magnificent accommodations for a sizable family. Appreciate the convenience of two separate kitchens and living areas. Take in the vistas of either the backyard canal with boat dockage or Pamlico Sound vistas across the street. The screened porches and decks provide relaxation in a comfortable outdoor setting. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Full and 2 Half Baths What's New in 2022: Linens Changes. 1 with Queen, 1 bedroom with one Double and Futon, 1 bedroom with one Double and one Queen. 1 with Queen and Pyramid Bunk. First-floor living area with 2 Queen Sleeper Sofas. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. Together, the two kitchens offer 2 microwaves and 2 dishwashers. 2 washers and 2 dryers. The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead, a hot/cold outdoor shower (not enclosed), 4 decks, 2 screened porches, and fish cleaning bench. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. *Boat dockage at this property is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our friendly staff will contact you. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV, two Queen Sleeper Sofas. Bedroom with Double bed and Futon. Bedroom with Queen bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Half Bath with stackable washer/dryer. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen bed and Pyramid Bunk (double on bottom, twin on top). Bedroom with Double bed and Queen. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Half Bath with stackable washer/dryer. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Rental home tips:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved early. Booking your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in coastal NC. To find the most suitable rental home for your budget, we highly recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular Ocracoke attractions and restaurants. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers usually offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitor guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to pick the best rental home:
- Select a group lead, select your vacation week, and choose a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Hoi Toide Low Toide: Two homes in one. Canal front, boat docking. has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is commonly accessible on booking websites. If not, contact the property manager before reserving your rental. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your family is bringing pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Get details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Be aware that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
Tips for a fantastic stay:
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, television set or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are away, just like you would back home.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas upon your arrival. text the property manager right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected everything. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on great reviews to compel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles