For bird lovers, the Outer Banks is hard to beat. This delicate chain of barrier islands is not only home to dozens of different native shorebirds, but also thousands of migrating birds who make a rest stop on the Outer Banks every year. Add to this the fact that the islands have hundreds of miles of deserted beaches, maritime forest, and marshlands for species to quietly flourish, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is literally for the birds.
- As low as $347/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This sizable Ocracoke home offers fabulous accommodations for a huge family. Appreciate the convenience of two separate kitchens and living areas. Take in the vistas of either the backyard canal with boat dockage or Pamlico Sound vistas across the street. The screened porches and decks provide relaxation in a comfortable outdoor setting. 4 Bedrooms, 2 Full and 2 Half Baths What's New in 2022: Linens Changes. 1 with Queen, 1 bedroom with one Double and Futon, 1 bedroom with one Double and one Queen. 1 with Queen and Pyramid Bunk. First-floor living area with 2 Queen Sleeper Sofas. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. Together, the two kitchens offer 2 microwaves and 2 dishwashers. 2 washers and 2 dryers. The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead, a hot/cold outdoor shower (not enclosed), 4 decks, 2 screened porches, and fish cleaning bench. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. *Boat dockage at this property is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our friendly staff will contact you. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV, two Queen Sleeper Sofas. Bedroom with Double bed and Futon. Bedroom with Queen bed. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Half Bath with stackable washer/dryer. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with Queen bed and Pyramid Bunk (double on bottom, twin on top). Bedroom with Double bed and Queen. Hallway Bath with tub/shower. Half Bath with stackable washer/dryer. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best vacation rental experience:
Finding your best deal:
- Summer is the most expensive season in coastal NC. To get the best value, shift your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, travel guides have discounts for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Finding the perfect rental home in Ocracoke:
- First and foremost, have your group select dates and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Hoi Toide Low Toide: Two homes in one. Canal front, boat docking. has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly available on booking websites. Otherwise, email the property manager before booking your home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or could be applied to your contract.
Know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- During check-in, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents quite a few issues.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers bothering your peaceful home life. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and attractions you would have never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or property management company was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles