The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. Local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Kids are distance learning from the beach! Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- As low as $321/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This handsome and attractively decorated Ocracoke Island home is part of a duplex located directly across the street from Silver Lake Harbor. This property features shared boat dockage for up to a 40’ boat. On the corner of Silver Lake Drive and Creek Road, Two If By Sea is just a short walk or bicycle ride to the Lighthouse, Springer's Point Nature Preserve, and many incredible eateries and stores. Appreciate the marvelous view of the harbor along with Ocracoke's spectacular sunsets.
This home offers reverse living so as to take advantage of these marvelous vistas - your living area and kitchen is on the second floor as are two of the four sizable, comfortable bedrooms.
4 bedrooms: 1 with King, 3 with Queen. Two Jack and Jill Baths (equals 4 half baths and two tub/showers).
The combination of WP18 and WP19 (WP1819), provides 8 bedrooms, sleeping for 16 and offers 2 full kitchens, 4 full bathrooms and 4 half baths along with a plethora of other amenities! Fireplaces are not available.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs, and 1 DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
Fireplace is not available.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers shared docking with water service (no electricity), porches and deck with water vistas, hot/cold outdoor shower and park style charcoal grille.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed, TV, and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed. Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect vacation rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is high season in Ocracoke. To get the best value, change your family's Ocracoke trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, , and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers often offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Often, management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guides which often include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to pick the perfect vacation rental:
- Start by having your family agree to the best dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. Two If By Sea I: Fabulous views of Silver Lake Harbor. has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, contact the host before reserving your home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent many concerns.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let thieves ruin your vacation.
- Note any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if there is a dispute.
- Be a good neighbor. Frequently, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- When it's time to leave, take a walk-through to confirm you didn't forget anything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, ensure that you take video of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on good feedback to propel new bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles