The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $417/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Limited onsite parking
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Venture down the private drive to Faraway Oaks, a completely refreshed island home located directly on a canal in Sound Shores. This home is in a secluded location, surrounded by trees and lush vegetation. Just two steps to enter this handsome canal front home!
Open living, dining, and kitchen with water vistas. Living room equipped with sectional couch and 50' intelligent TV. The kitchen offers floor to ceiling windows with water vistas and quartz counter-tops. Sunroom with broad vistas of Pamlico Sound. Cavernous entry with storage.
The entirely outfitted Kitchen features a separate bar area with drink refrigerator/ice maker, and Keurig Duo with constructed-in standard coffee maker. The kitchen includes an electric range, microwave, two dishwashers, refrigerator/freezer, and toaster.
3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths: The first floor has a primary bedroom with a King bed, TV, primary Bath with tiled shower, and water vistas. A bedroom with a Queen bed, TV, and water vistas. Shared bath with a tiled shower.
The second-floor landing has two constructed-in twin bunk beds with a privacy curtain. Reading nook with a twin bed. Bedroom with a King bed, TV, and canal vistas. Shared bath with tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 intelligent TVs. Stackable washer and dryer.
The exterior features a cavernous canal front deck that looks out into the Pamlico Sound. Appreciate sunrise, sunset, and every min. in between calming in the hammock, rocking chairs, or constructed in benches. Outdoor shower. Savor meals at the picnic table constructed around a impressive oak. Escape to the dock to really get away! Boat dock with fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not provide linens.
No Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website.
No Smoking on premises. Parking is limited. min. 3 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Primary Bedroom with a King Bed, TV, Primary Bathroom with shower. Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV. Full Bath with shower. Laundry Room
Second Floor: Landing area has a constructed-in Bunk Set with TV. Reading nook with one Twin Bed. Bedroom with King Bed, TV. Full Bath with tub/shower.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Looking to get your feet wet? Motor boating and fishing adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best Ocracoke rental home experience:
Getting the most from your budget:
- Summer is high season in Ocracoke. Booking your Ocracoke vacation rental in the Spring or Fall is our best tip for saving money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- The earlier your group can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites often offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Look for your local Ocracoke area magazine when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, visitors guides have discounts for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Planning, picking, and booking the right Ocracoke rental:
- Start by having your group agree to a vacation week and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Faraway Oaks: Canal front home, open floor plan, private dock. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking pages. If not, contact the property manager before you reserve your rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to determine what bed configuration is suitable for your family.
- Does your group require unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or might be applied to your contract.
Have a wonderful stay:
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- To make certain damages aren't linked to your family's visit, make a record of any problem areas during check in. Make contact with the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a great resource to find the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect your property!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a terrific stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.7 miles