About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Venture down the private drive to Faraway Oaks, a completely refreshed island home located directly on a canal in Sound Shores. This home is in a secluded location, surrounded by trees and lush vegetation. Just two steps to enter this pretty canal front home! Open living, dining, and kitchen with water vistas. Living room equipped with sectional couch and 50' intelligent TV. The kitchen offers floor to ceiling windows with water vistas and quartz counter-tops. Sunroom with broad vistas of Pamlico Sound. Roomy entry with storage. The entirely supplied Kitchen features a separate bar area with drink refrigerator/ice maker, and Keurig Duo with constructed-in standard coffee maker. The kitchen includes an electric range, microwave, two dishwashers, refrigerator/freezer, and toaster. 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths: The first floor has a master bedroom with a King bed, TV, Master Bath with tiled shower, and water vistas. A bedroom with a Queen bed, TV, and water vistas. Shared bath with a tiled shower. The second-floor landing has two constructed-in twin bunk beds with a privacy curtain. Reading nook with a twin bed. Bedroom with a King bed, TV, and canal vistas. Shared bath with tub/shower. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 intelligent TVs. Stackable washer and dryer. The exterior features a roomy canal front deck that looks out into the Pamlico Sound. Appreciate sunrise, sunset, and every min. in between calming in the hammock, rocking chairs, or constructed in benches. Outdoor shower. Savor meals at the picnic table constructed around a handsome oak. Escape to the dock to really get away! Boat dock with fish cleaning bench. *This home does not provide linens. No Family Animals or Service Animals of any kind are allowed in this home. For information please visit our Guest Information “Vacationing with a Pet” on our website. No Smoking on premises. Parking is limited. min. 3 cars. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Master Bedroom with a King Bed, TV, Master Bathroom with shower. Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV. Full Bath with shower. Laundry Room Second Floor: Landing area has a constructed-in Bunk Set with TV. Reading nook with one Twin Bed. Bedroom with King Bed, TV. Full Bath with tub/shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Vacation rental tips:
When to book & When to go:
- To find the most suitable vacation home within budget, we suggest booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular Ocracoke attractions. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your group qualifies for a discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides contain money saving offers on local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
How to choose and book yourrental home:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your trip dates, and select a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Faraway Oaks: Canal front home, open floor plan, private dock. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available on booking pages. If they are not listed, email the property management company before booking the rental. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
- If your family is traveling with pets, search for a pet-friendly property. Request information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Add the host's contact information to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your family's stay, inspect the rental for any problem areas during check in. Contact the host immediately to record any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your life at home. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the property to make sure you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a great stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles