If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis freshly redone bungalow has a magnificent front porch for savoring sitting outdoor and appealing. It was renovated in 2018 and a second bedroom was added in 2019. It is a two bedroom (queen in the master and bunk beds in the other)we do NOT give sheets, one bath, open floor plan with living room and kitchen. The kitchen is very basic, if you are looking to prepare extravagant meals, this is NOT the place for you. Ocracoke has many outstanding eateries. The location is within walking distance to Silver Lake and the stores and eateries and is spitting distance from the British Cemetery. The beach is a mile from the rental. There is a Intelligent TV in the first bedroom and living room with internet and cable. You will need your own Netflix, Hulu or Amazon account, and for those that are not tech savvy, we have cable. We do NOT post on Craigslist, so if you see it there it is not us renting it. We only go through Vacation Rental By Owner/Home Away.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send tourism guide books with promotions for accommodations, dining and tours. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows visitors to take advantage of the same fantastic activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to adjust your trip dates? The off-peak seasons will offer you incredible rates on daily rental properties.
- Several management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning individuals of the same vacation home. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to specific visitors, whether it is beachfront homes with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. If there's a particular Ocracoke atteaction that you just love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about getting trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often shocked at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to come across a rental home which fits their desires and budget.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in assisting guests with making reservations, check-in, cleaning, as well as maintenance issues that may arise.
We have assembled a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Do you believe "Renovated cottage, great for a couple or small family." is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many renowned hot spots, In Ocracoke the best rentals are booked early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Holiday gatherings are a great time for families to plan their Summer vacations..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Quite often, the most challenging part of organizing your vacation is deciding where to search, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, the rest is simpler.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Vacation rental
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you will need. Remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
Create a Spending Limit
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the price for your preferred week. It could be at the top end of the range. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you only desire a vacation home with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do members of your crew have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your best friend! Animal policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a top-quality vacation experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything you need. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of similar homes that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read the Entire Agreement
Read the complete contract and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
If you must Cancel
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Property management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should tragedy strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any property damage immediately after you arrive. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical fixes. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many headaches.
- Be respectful of the local community. Residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. If not, you have gained useful experience that will help with another search.
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles