The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $138/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
The Back House offers a pleasant walk or bicycle ride to Silver Lake Harbor, coffee stores, and eateries. Featuring a reverse floor plan, The Back House provides a private setting located at the rear of a huge property on Back Road. 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: Bedroom with a Queen bed. Bedroom with two Twins. Full bath with shower only. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 1 Roku TV with apps. The kitchen offers a refrigerator, microwave, apartment-sized stove, and a coffee maker. Washer/dryer. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a deck with seating, a dining table, and an electric grille. Modest screened porch. Outdoor hot/cold shower. No dishwasher. No Family Animals Accepted. No Smoking. min. parking for two cars only. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. What's New for 2022: *Washer/Dryer Available (located in laundry shed). Property Layout: First Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with two Twin Beds. Bathroom with shower only. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Detached Laundry Shed: Washer and Dryer. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the very best Ocracoke rental experience:
When to go & When to book:
- The earlier you can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- Summertime is high season in Ocracoke. To find the best vacation home for your budget, we highly recommend booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Choose vacation week and budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family needs. The Back House: Quaint two bedroom Ocracoke Island cottage has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is generally accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book your home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds.
- Some properties allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property management company about pet restrictions before booking.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking
Advice for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the directions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you are away. Keep your property safe!
- Upon check-in, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items on check-out day. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property one final time and scan for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or host was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles