Many newcomers to the Outer Banks who are browsing the local restaurants, shops and area attractions online or in the local guide books notice an interesting addition to the standard address. Besides the typical business name, street name, street number and town, many local businesses also include a Milepost number. This may initially appear to be an odd notation to include, but on the Outer Banks, this is incredibly helpful to new visitors on the lookout for a specific restaurant or shop.
- As low as $250/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- Video library
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In a village
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Swimming nearby
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1500 sq ft (139 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 square feet
This 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom modern home with open floor plan is ideal for family gatherings. Appreciate your cup of coffee on the broad screened porch located in the trees, or prepare your fresh local seafood feast in the well equipped kitchen.
If you know the Outer Banks, then you know that Ocracoke Island is the "Pearl" of the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. This home is centrally located on a dead end street within walking/cycling distance to everything in the village. Only a short bicycle ride or drive, and you will find yourself on one of the most gorgeous beaches in the country. Also we are just a day trip away from Hatteras Island and Nags Head!
The master bedroom has a king and private bath. The second bedroom has a queen, twin trundle bed, and a twin bed in loft. The third bedroom has a full bed. Linens are not supplied but are available on the island for rental.
Gulf stream fishing is one of the more appealing activities you can experience on your Ocracoke vacation. If you plan to bring along your own boat, we can help coordinate deep water dockage in Silver Lake Harbor for an additional fee.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Traveling with kids? Consider Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
Note from host: $15/night per dog
Tricks and tips to get the optimal Ocracoke vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Ocracoke area. To find the best rental within your budget, we suggest booking in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at Ocracoke restaurants, tours, and activities.
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner you can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitors guide magazines that include special deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Make a plan and pick a perfectrental home:
- Select vacation dates and budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. Beautiful Island Home has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is usually available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before you book your home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what configuration is right for your group.
- Is your group looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or charges might be applied to your invoice.
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your smartphone.
- Upon arrival, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peace. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- Just before checking out, take a walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a great time? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles