The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3500 SQUARE_FEET
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
The Berkley Suites is a handsome, 2-story home located on the same property grounds as the Berkley Manor. Located directly across the street from Silver Lake, the Suites features striking sunset vistas throughout the west side of the home, making your visit to Ocracoke that much more memorable. In close proximity to the home are the Swan Quarter and Cedar Island ferry terminal and the heart of Ocracoke Village. The Suites' ideal location makes transportation to and from Ocracoke more convenient and accepts you to spend more time doing what you adore on the island.
- Full kitchen
- min. Occupancy 14
- Suite 1: Full bathroom, mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker. Room 1a) Queen sized bed, twin couch. Room 1b) Queen sized bed, twin couch
- Suite 2: Full bathroom, mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker. Room 2a) 1 Queen sized bed, twin couch. Room 2b) Bunk setup - 2 full lower beds, 2 twin upper beds
-Suite 3: Full bathroom, mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker. Room 3a) Queen sized bed, twin couch. Room 3b) Queen sized bed, twin couch
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is in the city center and on a lake. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Pamlico Sound and Springer's Point Preserve. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Rental home booking tips:
When to book & When to go:
- To find the best value, change your vacation to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warm weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Often, rental management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to pick the perfect vacation rental in the Ocracoke area:
- Begin by choosing a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration you need. Beautiful house across from Silver Lake on the Berkley Estate has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking pages. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you book your home. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke attraction you simply love, look for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property management company about your furry family members before booking.
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Record any issues with the property during check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if there is a dispute.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent quite a few difficulties.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often times, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not leave anything behind. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on great feedback to drive more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.1 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.4 miles