The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Pet Friendly "Exiled on Main Street" is new to our rental program in 2022! Additional photos coming soon. Welcome to Exiled on Main Street. This cavernous historic home is located on Ocracoke’s main road. Savor walking distance to eateries, stores, the local grocery store, and 1718 Brewing Ocracoke, located right next door. This unique home includes a two-story main home with 5 bedrooms plus a 1 bedroom second-floor rear apartment with a private entrance. Exiled on Main Street is available only as a combined vacation rental. This village home offers a taste of old Ocracoke-style living with the amenities of a modern home. Beadboard walls and wood floors combined with both antique and newer furnishings make this home a really comfortable blend of yesteryear and today. Updated bedrooms offer modern conveniences in a classic beach bungalow setting. Unwind on the comfortable covered porch and watch the world go by. 6 Bedrooms and 6 Bath (each with shower). 4 King Beds. 1 Queen. 1 Twin and Pyramid Bunk Bed (double on bottom/Twin on top). Conveniences include central air conditioning/heating, heat and air units, and ceiling fans. Free wireless Internet access and 7 internet TVs. Two kitchens. Dishwasher, 2 full-size fridges, and 2 microwaves. Washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a covered front porch, rear covered porch, outdoor shower, enclosed rear yard, and a fish cleaning bench. No Smoking. Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Parking is limited to 6 cars. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor Main House: Living Room, Dining, Eat-in Kitchen, Sunroom, Bedroom with King, shared bath with shower (Bedroom and Dining Room access.) Laundry Room. Second Floor Main House: Two Bedrooms each with a King Bed and a private Master Bath with a shower. Bedroom with Queen Bed and private Master Bath with shower. Bedroom with Twin Bed, and a Pyramid Bunk (double on bottom/twin on top) and private Master Bath with shower. Second Floor Apartment: Open Living, Dining, Kitchen. Bedroom with King Bed and private bath with shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Ocracoke Beach and Springer's Point Preserve, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Ocracoke vacation rental booking tips:
Getting the most from your budget:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Ocracoke. To find the largest vacation home within budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many rental management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines that include money-saving deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select vacation dates and budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Exiled on Main Street: Large Pet-friendly home has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking websites. If not, call the host before booking the rental. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds.
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or charges may be applied to your agreement.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking.
More considerations for your visit:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let burglars ruin your holiday.
- Note any issues with the rental upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if there is a dispute.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to stimulate new bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- 1718 Brewing - 0.0 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.0 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.0 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles