The Outer Banks is rich in history, from the early explorers who first set foot on its shores 400 years ago to the groundbreaking first flight that launched modern aviation. Every community has a story and a resonant heritage, and as a result, the Outer Banks is home to a number of locally and nationally renowned museums honoring the area's unique stories, culture and landmarks.
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This historic Silver Lake Harbor property offers an exceptional Ocracoke vacation experience. Blue Harbor offers modern amenities while preserving the historical features of the home. Located across the street from Silver Lake Harbor this home offers two highly sought after Silver Lake Harbor boat slips. Blue Harbor offers a private 10' x 20' *pool located in the front of the property. Savor vistas of Silver Lake Harbor from the pool deck. 6 Bedrooms, 5 Baths: 3 Master Bedrooms with King, 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with two Bunk Beds. Three of the bedrooms are Master Bedrooms with private baths. Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, either ceiling fans or standing fans in the bedrooms. complimentary wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs and 2 Blu-ray DVDs. A well-outfitted kitchen offers a breakfast bar with seating for five. The laundry area offers a full sized washer and dryer and the convenience of a second full size refrigerator, ideal for drinks. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. Across Silver Lake Drive is a 200' shared dock on Silver Lake Harbor (shared with the vacation rental home next door). Boat docking for two boats is available for guests of Blue Harbor on the right side of the dock. The exterior amenities include a shared dock with water offering two boat slips for guests of Blue Harbor, 10’ x 20’ pool, screened porch overlooking Silver Lake Harbor. Front and rear deck. Two outdoor hot/cold showers, charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and bicycle rack. *Pool is open April 10 - October 15, 2022 Pool Season - Open . No Smoking Permitted (including decks, porches and pool area). No Family Animals Accepted. Parking for 5 Vehicles. No Partial Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Roomy Open Floor Plan with Living Area with TV/DVD and Kitchen with Breakfast Bar with seating for five. Dining Room with seating for ten. Master Bedroom with Sitting Area, King Bed, TV. Master Bathroom with tiled shower. Bedroom with Queen Bed and access to Hallway Bathroom with tub/shower. Laundry Room with Full Size Washer/Dryer and a Second Full Size Fridge. Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Sitting Area, King Bed, TV. Master Bathroom with tub/shower. Master Bedroom with Sitting Area, King Bed, TV. Master Bathroom with tiled shower. Bedroom with 2 Bunk Beds. Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds. Hallway Bathroom with tiled shower. Den which TV/DVD (ideal for bringing your gaming equipment). *Guests looking for a vacation home similar to Blue Harbor may consider this owner’s new home, Eleanor Jane's, featuring similar style of décor and quality of construction. This 7 Bedroom, 6.5 Bath home is located on Lighthouse Road and certain to become an striking Ocracoke vacation destination. Guests of Eleanor Jane’s will savor a private 10' x 20' pool and a short walk or bicycle ride to Silver Lake Harbor, the Ocracoke Lighthouse and Springer’s Point Nature Preserve. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your vacation property or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the very best Ocracoke rental home experience:
When to reserve a Ocracoke rental & When to go:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer time is high season in the Ocracoke area. Booking your Ocracoke vacation home in Fall or Spring is an excellent way to save on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides have discounts for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by choosing your trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Blue Harbor: Large home on Silver Lake Harbor. Pool and Docking has 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the host before booking the rental. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or costs might be applied to your agreement.
- If there's an individual Ocracoke beach you long to visit, keep an eye out for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
More tips for your stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are out, just like you would at home.
- During check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your home life. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all personal belongings. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a great vacation? Many rental management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles