Beach canopies and umbrellas create shade, lower ambient temperatures and block UV rays on hot, sunny Summer days. Sitting under the canopy of a quality beach umbrella can make the difference between comfort and sweltering. When choosing an umbrella, we look for durability, wind ratings, weight and size.
- As low as $206/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This Ocracoke Island vacation home is an artistic expression blending architectural beauty with its natural canal front surroundings. Reflecting the owners' artistic talents this gallery style home with cathedral ceilings showcases a unique decor attentive to the selective vacationer. Unwind and stargaze from the sky deck. 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: First floor Primary Bedroom with King and private bath. The second floor has 1 bedroom with Queen, 1 with two Doubles. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs and Blu-ray DVD player. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead, screened porch, lookout deck, decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars. No Partial Week Stays. *Boat dockage at this property is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our friendly staff will contact you. Property Layout: First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Primary Bedroom with King bed and Primary Bath with tub/shower. Half Bath. Laundry room. Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV. Bedroom with two Double beds. Hallway bath with shower.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. With motor boating and fishing nearby, you'll find plenty of adventures in the water.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the perfect Ocracoke rental home experience:
Get the best rental value:
- Book your Ocracoke rental in Fall or Spring to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property management companies offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guides which will include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to pick the best vacation home in the Ocracoke area:
- Begin by choosing vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Art-Sea: Architectural beauty, private boat dock has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rental home search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is almost always available on booking pages. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book your home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You'll need to work out which bed configuration is best for your vacation group.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke beach you simply love, look for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or might be applied to your agreement.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Record any issues with the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are beneficial if there is a dispute.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be an incredible source for finding the best local scenic spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, remember to take video of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on good feedback to compel new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.7 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles