The Southern Outer Banks, particularly Ocracoke Island, is notorious as the stomping grounds for some of history's most infamous pirates. Notable swashbucklers from Calico Jack to Anne Bonney and Mary Reed, arguably the most famous women pirates, have made a splash in this area, robbing privateers blind and making intricate, sneaky escapes in the inlets and soundside waters off of these barrier islands.
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Sass-Sea Vistas is located on the edge of a salt marsh and offers spectacular vistas of Pamlico Sound, the distant ocean, Lighthouse, and so much more! Unwind on any one of numerous decks, screened porch, or rooftop deck and appreciate the sounds of nature, the warm sea breezes, and exceptional vistas. What better way to relax! 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: The first floor has one bedroom with King and one bedroom with two Doubles. Both bedrooms offer access to the first-floor rear deck. The second floor has one bedroom with King and a screened porch. Unique artwork adorns the walls and generously complements this modern home. The open floor plan is great for family get-togethers. Additional amenities include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, four cable TVs. Full kitchen that includes mini refrigerator, Keurig, and standard coffee maker. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. Ping Pong Table. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers three screened porches and numerous deck areas, including a comfortably furnished rooftop deck. There is a hot/cold outdoor shower, park-style charcoal grille, and a fish cleaning station. Picnic table. Two single and one double kayak. Life jackets are not supplied. If you wish to rent them, please get in touch with Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be happy to assist. No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. No Telephone. min. 3 cars. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: First Floor: Bedroom with two Double beds, TV. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Bath with shower stall. Laundry room. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Bath with tub/shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the optimal Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Finding the best rental home value:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season in Ocracoke. To find the largest vacation home within budget, we suggest booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Many rental management companies supply Ocracoke area visitors guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Choosing and booking a perfect Ocracoke rental home:
- Start by selecting a vacation week and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Sass-Sea Views: Amazing views, decks, screened porch, rooftop deck has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is usually accessible online. If they are not listed, reach out to the property management company before booking your home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your family is bringing pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a specific Ocracoke beach you long to visit, keep an eye out for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let crooks ruin your vacation.
- At Check-in, document any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- At departure, take a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget any personal items. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on good feedback to drive new bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.0 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.8 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.9 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.9 miles