Long before the summer vacationing families discovered the Outer Banks as a hot tourist destination, fishermen from across the country flocked to coastal North Carolina. With no roads to navigate, and no vacation homes to stay in, anglers would brave the makeshift sandy paths that ran along thebeaches, and would set up makeshift campsites whenever there was protection from the wind and waves. They went through great efforts to visit the Outer Banks for one reason: Exceptional fishing.
- As low as $180/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Sunset on the Sound - what a ideal name to describe this upper level 2 bedroom, soundfront condominium. Watch the sun sink slowly into the water from the comfort of your generously furnished private deck - where at times you can even hear the sizzle. This end unit offers expansive vistas of colorful sunsets and Portsmouth Island off in the distance. Sunset on the Sound is the ideal hideaway from the hustle of everyday life. Savor a short walk or bicycle ride to many local stores and eateries. Sunset on the Sound offers painless access to Pamlico Sound for kayaking, clamming or bird watching. This roomy condo offers an open floor plan with a living/dining area with cathedral ceilings and a wall of windows offering water vistas. 2 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen. Second floor Loft/Den offers a Daybed with Trundle (equals 2 twins). Each bath has a whirlpool tub and separate shower. Central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 color cable TVs, and DVD player. Two whirlpool tubs. Washer/dryer. Gas fireplace is not available. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. A pier with shallow water access is great for fishing and crabbing. The exterior offers a cavernous deck. Covered Parking. Shared fish cleaning table. Gas fireplace is not available. No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Parking is limited to 3 cars and includes covered parking for two cars in the parking space (1A) next to the stairwell. No Partial Stays. Property Layout: Sunset on the Sound is located on the third and fourth floor of the Horizons Condos Level One: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD. Semi-private hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower (bedroom and hallway access). Laundry Closet. Level Two: Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD. Semi-private hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower (bedroom and hallway access). Loft with Day Bed with Trundle.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this condo is on the waterfront. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best Ocracoke vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season in Ocracoke. To get the best rental home for your budget, we suggest booking in Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite Ocracoke restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local articles, travel guides contain discounts for local accommodations and attractions.
Finding the best rental home:
- Choose vacation dates and budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Sunset on the Sound: Soundfront condo with colorful sunsets. has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before booking your home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some rentals allow pets, and some do not. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask your host about pet restrictions before booking.
- Visiting for a single event? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
More tips for your stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, stereo or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents lots of problems.
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Protect your property!
- Note any issues with the property during check in, and immediately contact the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be valuable if a dispute is filed.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected everything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a great stay? Many rental websites make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property manager was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles