- As low as $268/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Sunset on the Sound - what a ideal name to describe this upper level 2 bedroom, soundfront condominium. Watch the sun sink slowly into the water from the comfort of your generously furnished private deck - where at times you can even hear the sizzle. This end unit offers expansive vistas of colorful sunsets and Portsmouth Island off in the distance. Sunset on the Sound is the ideal hideaway from the hustle of everyday life. Appreciate a short walk or bicycle ride to many local stores and eateries. Sunset on the Sound offers simple access to Pamlico Sound for kayaking, clamming or bird watching. This cavernous condo offers an open floor plan with a living/dining area with cathedral ceilings and a wall of windows offering water vistas. 2 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen. Second floor Loft/Den offers a Daybed with Trundle (equals 2 twins). Each bath has a whirlpool tub and separate shower. Central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 3 color cable TVs, and DVD player. Two whirlpool tubs. Washer/dryer. Gas fireplace is not available. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. A pier with shallow water access is great for fishing and crabbing. The exterior offers a roomy deck. Covered Parking. Shared fish cleaning table. Gas fireplace is not available. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Parking is limited to 3 cars and includes covered parking for two cars in the parking space (1A) next to the stairwell. No Partial Stays. Property Layout: Sunset on the Sound is located on the third and fourth floor of the Horizons Condos Level One: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD. Semi-private hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower (bedroom and hallway access). Laundry Closet. Level Two: Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD. Semi-private hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower (bedroom and hallway access). Loft with Day Bed with Trundle.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this condo is on the waterfront. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Ocracoke vacation rental tips:
When to visit & When to reserve a Ocracoke rental home:
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your rental up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in Ocracoke. To get the best value, consider changing your vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, , and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers usually offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Ocracoke visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides have money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
Narrow your Search:
- To start, have your family choose trip dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Sunset on the Sound: Soundfront condo with colorful sunsets. has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property management company before you reserve the home. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You will need to work out what is right for your trip.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Tips to have a terrific stay:
- Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home while you are out, just like you would at home.
- Upon arrival, document any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a great vacation? Most rental home management companies make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your property and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles