Ocracoke's long history has some interesting highlights, but none of the local legends and legacies are as far-reaching or as popular as the island's local pirates. As the temporary home to a crew of notorious buccaneers, including Blackbeard himself, Ocracoke is the destination of choice for pirate lovers who want to explore the stomping grounds of the island's most notorious residents.
- As low as $176/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
The Sea Shire at Horizons Condos is a handsome Ocracoke Island condominium directly on the Pamlico Sound. Sit on your private deck and appreciate the majestic sunsets and distant view of Portsmouth Island. Ideally located for outdoor recreational activities. Painless access for kayaks and within walking distance of stores and eateries. Modern, charmingly decorated and well appointed. This two story upper level 2 bedroom, sound front condominium invites you to Escape, Unwind, and Appreciate!
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, Loft with Double. Two whirlpool tubs.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, and 2 cable TVs. Washer and dryer. Gas fireplace is not available.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
A pier with shallow water access is great for fishing and crabbing. The exterior offers a roomy deck. Covered parking is supplied in the garage. Shared fish cleaning table.
Gas fireplace is not available.
No Family Animals Accepted.
No Smoking. Limit 2 Vehicles.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
Located on the third and fourth floor of the Horizons Condos
Level one: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed, TV. Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Laundry Closet
Level Two: Primary Bedroom with King bed and Primary Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Loft Sleeping Area with Double bed.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this condo is on the waterfront. Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Our top Ocracoke vacation rental booking tips:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation home six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Summer months are the most expensive season in the Ocracoke area. To book the most suitable vacation home within your budget, we recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Some hosts and property managers offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property management companies typically offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local articles, visitors guides have discounts for local tours and attractions.
How to pick the best rental home in the Ocracoke area:
- Start by choosing vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group needs. The Sea Shire: Beautiful condo with majestic sunset views has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly accessible online. If not, call the host before you book the vacation property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You'll need to determine what bed configuration is suitable for your group.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the owner about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would back home.
- To make certain that damages aren't attributed to your visit, inspect the property for any problem areas during check in. Get in touch with the host right away to relay any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often a fantastic source for finding the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on good reviews to propel new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.3 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles