The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $126/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Ceiling fan
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Limited onsite parking
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Porch or lanai
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Live Oak Cottage is the ideal vacation bungalow for two. Don't miss out on this freshly constructed home located on Loop Road. This sought-after location offers a short walk or bicycle ride to Springer’s Point Nature Preserve and the Ocracoke Lighthouse. Savor a calming walk to Silver Lake Harbor. Live Oak Cottage offers an open floor plan. Unwind on the front screened porch. 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath: Queen bed. Bathroom with shower. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless Internet access, and cable TV. Dishwasher and microwave. Stackable washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers a screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower, park-style charcoal grille, fish bench, and covered parking for one of two cars. No Smoking Permitted. No Family Animals. No Telephone. Limit of 2 cars. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival. Property Layout: Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area, TV. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bathroom with shower. Laundry room.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best Ocracoke vacation property experience:
When to book & When to go:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Ocracoke area. To find the best value, change your vacation week to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warm temperatures, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic.
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are booked early. Booking your vacation rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Property managers sometimes offer promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Often, rental management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guides which often include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental in Ocracoke:
- Begin by selecting your vacation dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Live Oak Cottage: Newly built cottage perfect for two has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the property owner before reserving the home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or charges applied to your contract.
Have a wonderful stay:
- Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Document any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, stereo or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent quite a few difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent feedback to propel new bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles