The Ocracoke Wild Horses, or "Banker Ponies" are easily Ocracoke's oldest residents, and have been plodding along the island for the last few hundred years. These famed horses are arguably one of the island's top attractions, and can be easily admired by any Ocracoke visitor via a quick trip to the National Park Service's Ocracoke Pony Pen.
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This opulent Semi-Harborfront, reverse floor plan, split level condo is located in the heart of Ocracoke Village and a short walk to many stores, galleries and eateries. Knowing You is the third unit off Silver Lake Harbor. Appreciate harbor vistas and pretty sunsets from the furnished screened porch. This Ocracoke Island condo offers two bedrooms. 1 King, 1 Queen and Futon in Den. One full bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower and double sinks. A half bath is located on the second level. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 4 cable TVs (living area, additional room and in all bedrooms) and DVD player. Kitchen features include granite counters. Washer and dryer. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Screened porch. Shared outdoor hot/cold enclosed shower and fish cleaning bench. No Animals Accepted. No Smoking. Parking Available for One Car. No Boat Dockage Offered with this Condo. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. What's New for 2021: New name is Knowing You (Formerly Down Creek Condo D103) Property Layout: First Floor: Bedroom with King bed and TV. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Shared bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower stall. Hallway laundry closet with stackable washer/dryer. Second Floor: Open living area with TV and dining area. Kitchen. Den with TV, Double Futon and half bath. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this condo is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best Ocracoke rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Reserve your rental property in Spring or Fall to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Ocracoke area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides have discounts for nearby accommodations and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- First, have your group decide on dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. Knowing You: Harbor and sunsets views from screened porch has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the property management company before you reserve the rental. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your vacation family.
- Does your group require unique amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or charges may be applied to your agreement.
Know before you go:
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property. Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Record any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an excellent resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent feedback to inspire future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Graceful Bakery - 0.0 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles