Spring and fall visitors will notice the popularity of kiteboarding on the Outer Banks the moment they ride down a stretch of soundfront highway. In the off-season months, it's not unusual to spot dozens if not hundreds of multi-colored kites lining the skies over the Outer Banks' miles of sound waters.
- As low as $428/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fishing nearby
- Flat-screen TV
- Internet access
- Kitchen island
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Pets stay free
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke-free property
- Travel crib
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
The Island House boosts a reverse floorplan to capture canal and distant sound vistas that surround Oyster Creek. Architecturally minded features such as Age in Place Living with elevator access to all floors, thoughtful wide doorways, and other designs invite generations to savor.
The second-floor vaulted living, dining and kitchen spaces welcome entertaining with a cooks-kitchen, sizable eat-in island and an antique farm table to appreciate your fresh cooked catch of the day. This open floor plan offers multiple sitting spaces with sunset vistas and a huge flat screen TV in the living room. A half bathroom and separate laundry room are located down a short hallway. And a dedicated competitive puzzling area, home school space or workstation is also on this level with a huge drop leaf table.
On the first-floor, a separate den area with sizable flat screen TV is ideal for watching movies. Down the hall, a enormous Victorian barn door will close off the three bedrooms and two bathrooms from the den and provide a peaceful getaway from the second floor entertaining.
The ground-level access welcomes guests with a lime washed herringbone brick floor – the ideal space for unloading after your beach excursions.
Bring your fishing poles and sunscreen and sit a spell among the cedars and make the Island House your newest beach tradition.
3 bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 2 bedrooms with a King Bed and 1 bedroom with two Twin Beds.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, cable TV, 3 Flat Screen Intelligent TV’s. The kitchen includes quartz countertops, bespoke cabinetry with pantry storage, a large eat-in island, dishwasher, blender, microwave, toaster, French door refrigerator, and both a standard and Keurig coffee maker with a separate coffee bean grinder. The laundry space includes a washer and dryer, Pack-n-play, Iron and Ironing Board and folding countertop.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
This canal front location offers painless access to Pamlico Sound with no boat height restrictions and a private boat bulkhead dockage. Access the fenced pet area from the front door which features a separate potty area from a covered play space. The rear yard offers additional space for your canine and is fenced on three sides. Outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and dock electrical access. Covered parking supplied.
Pet Friendly - Dogs Only. Limit of 2 Dogs.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking.
No Smoking and No Vaping.
min. Parking 2 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Den with TV and front covered porch access. Primary Bedroom with King Bed, Flat Screen TV, and canal-side covered porch access and water view. The Primary Bathroom with zero entry shower can be accessed via the Primary Bedroom or hallway. The second bedroom with king bed shares a Jack/Jill bathroom adjacent to another guest bedroom with two twin beds. Each King Bedroom has access to a covered porch spanning the canal side with water vistas. The lower front porch gives additional vistas.
Second Floor: Vaulted Beamed Open Floorplan with kitchen, island eating, dining and living area with Flat Screen TV. Water side screened porch, Puzzle table alcove, workstation or reading nook. Laundry Room and separate Half Bathroom with complimentary standing sink and comfort height toilet. Covered Sunrise Front Porch.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Looking to get your feet wet? Motor boating and fishing adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets stay free
Finding the best Ocracoke rental home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation home six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- To book the best rental home within your budget, we highly recommend reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Property managers often offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Often, rental management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which often include special offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Filter your search:
- First, have your family select date ranges and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your family needs. Island House: Dog friendly, 3-stop elevator, screen porch, canalfront, boat dock has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always available online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property management company before you reserve the vacation property. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to work out which bed configuration is suitable for your vacation.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly vacation rental. Ask for information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Note that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
Have a fantastic stay:
- Add the host's phone number to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, stereo or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few concerns.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- During arrival, record any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- At departure, complete a walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent ratings to compel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles