About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Myrtlewood offers expansive vistas from the rooftop lookout. The landscaped, backyard garden offers an outdoor seating area and accepts for simple passage to the Savanna Cottage - book both homes for the ideal combination for the enormous family or group of friends. 3 Sleeping Areas, 3.5 Baths: 2 first floor Bedrooms - one with a Queen bed, one with 1 Queen bed, 1 Twin bed, and Twin Futon. Loft Sleeping Area with 1 Queen. The half bath is very modest (please see photo). Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary internet access, and 3 cable TVs. Washer and dryer (located in ground-level laundry/storage area). The exterior offers a huge yard, lookout deck, covered decks, rocking chairs, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, and fish cleaning bench. The second-floor covered deck is gated, ideal for securing your dog. **There is no inside staircase to the second floor. The second floor is accessible only via the covered outside steps. *This home does not provide linens. No smoking. Pet Friendly - DOGS ONLY. Limit of 3 cars. Short Stays are available, there is a three-nighttime minimum. Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking. What's New for 2022: Linens will be 3 Queens; 1 Twin, and a Futon. New beds for 2022. New heat/air system on the first floor. Save 10% off the base rent if you reserve both WV17 and WV19 for the same week! You must call the office upon booking to receive your discount. The combination of WV17 and WV19, provides 7 Bedrooms, 2 full kitchens, 5 full bathrooms, and 2 half baths. Property Layout: First Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Master Bedroom with 1 Queen bed, 1 Twin bed, a Twin Futon, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. There is no inside stairway from this floor. The second floor is accessible only via the covered outside steps. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bath with tub/shower. Third Floor Loft: Queen bed. Mini Half Bath. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Our top Ocracoke rental home tips:
When to book & When to go:
- To find the most suitable rental home within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at Ocracoke restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- The earlier you can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Some property managers offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides contain deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Make a plan and choose the perfectrental home:
- Select your dates and budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Myrtlewood: Dog friendly, island views from the rooftop lookout. has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is almost always available on booking websites. If they are not listed, call the host before you reserve the rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a certain Ocracoke destination you crave, browse rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly property. Request details on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, property owners charge additional pet fees.
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your family's stay, make note of any problem areas upon your arrival. message the rental manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an excellent source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Just before checking out, take a final walk-through to make sure you have not forget anything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a wonderful stay? Most rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles