The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $219/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- Limited onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Myrtlewood offers expansive vistas from the rooftop lookout. The landscaped, backyard garden offers an outdoor seating area and accepts for painless passage to the Savanna Cottage - book both homes for the ideal combination for the huge family or group of friends.
3 Sleeping Areas, 3.5 Baths: 2 first floor Bedrooms - one with a Queen bed, one with 1 Queen bed, 1 Twin bed, and Twin Futon. Loft Sleeping Area with 1 Queen. The half bath is very modest (please see photo).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary internet access, and 3 cable TVs. Washer and dryer (located in ground-level laundry/storage area).
The exterior offers a sizable yard, lookout deck, covered decks, rocking chairs, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, and fish cleaning bench. The second-floor covered deck is gated, ideal for securing your dog.
**There is no inside staircase to the second floor. The second floor is accessible only via the covered outside steps.
*This home does not provide linens.
No smoking. Pet Friendly - DOGS ONLY. Limit of 2 Dogs. Limit of 3 cars.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at the time of booking.
Save 10% off the base rent if you reserve both WV17 and WV19 for the same week! You must call the office upon booking to receive your discount. The combination of WV17 and WV19, provides 7 Bedrooms, 2 full kitchens, 5 full bathrooms, and 2 half baths.
First Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Master Bedroom with 1 Queen bed, 1 Twin bed, a Twin Futon, TV, and Master Bath with tub/shower. There is no inside stairway from this floor. The second floor is accessible only via the covered outside steps.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining, and living area with TV. Bath with tub/shower.
Third Floor Loft: Queen bed. Mini Half Bath.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Finding the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Summer is high season in Ocracoke. Booking in Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites often offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines contain deals for local tours and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Select a group leader, choose your dates, and select a spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Myrtlewood: Dog friendly, island views from the rooftop lookout. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available online. Otherwise, reach out to the property management company before booking your rental. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is suitable for your vacation group.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- Some properties allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about pets before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Add a note with the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- To make sure damages aren't linked to your stay, inspect for any problem areas when you arrive. Call the property manager right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few issues.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all belongings. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to compel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will will be grateful for your review find their best rental home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles