For bird lovers, the Outer Banks is hard to beat. This delicate chain of barrier islands is not only home to dozens of different native shorebirds, but also thousands of migrating birds who make a rest stop on the Outer Banks every year. Add to this the fact that the islands have hundreds of miles of deserted beaches, maritime forest, and marshlands for species to quietly flourish, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is literally for the birds.
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Ms. Joy Bell offers all the amenities of home. Reverse floor plan and sound and marsh vistas. 3 Master Bedrooms with Private Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen. A Queen Sleeper Couch in both the living room. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 satellite TVs (including a 47 inch Intelligent TV in the living area) and 5 DVD players. Whirlpool tub. Washer and dryer. The exterior offers a screened porch, deck, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench with water. Free chair lifts are located at both the exterior entry stairway and interior stairway. Chair lifts are available with advance arrangement at the time of booking or in advance, prior to check-in day. Please note the request in the Comments & Special Requests area of your online reservation or contact our office at 1-877-646-2822. *This home does not provide linens. No Smoking. Pet Friendly. Limit of 2 cars. Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum. Property Layout: First Floor: Den with wet bar and TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with tub/shower. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Queen Sleeper Couch in living area. Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Teach's Hole Blackbeard Exhibit and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
How to book the best rental home experience:
Sticking to a rental budget:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in Ocracoke. To get the best value, change your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host whether your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers typically offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitor guides that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Make a plan and pick your prefectrental home:
- Begin by selecting a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Ms Joy Bell: Pet friendly, decks, screened porches, distant waterview has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is commonly accessible online. If not, call the host before you book the home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or could be applied to your invoice.
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Note any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be very helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of problems.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let crooks ruin your family vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected everything. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental one final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, remember to take video of the property to record its condition.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on great reviews to stimulate new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.6 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.6 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles