Ocracoke's long history has some interesting highlights, but none of the local legends and legacies are as far-reaching or as popular as the island's local pirates. As the temporary home to a crew of notorious buccaneers, including Blackbeard himself, Ocracoke is the destination of choice for pirate lovers who want to explore the stomping grounds of the island's most notorious residents.
- As low as $275/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fishing nearby
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke-free property
- Travel crib
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This handsome home has everything you will want to make your vacation a calming and memorable one. Everyone will appreciate the amazing outdoor space including generous porches, a screened porch, and a rooftop deck. Be sure to capture Ocracoke’s extraordinary sunrises and sunsets from the rooftop deck. Makin' Memories is located in a private neighborhood that is a pleasant bicycle or golf cart ride to phenomenal eateries, unique stores and galleries, and historical attractions. 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: Primary Bedroom with King, one with Queen, and one with two Twins. Sunroom with Daybed with Trundle (2 Twins), and mini-split. The generous list of amenities includes complimentary wireless internet access, 4 TVs with cable service (plus one for streaming), central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, and a washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival. Exterior amenities include a screened porch, covered decks, a rooftop deck, picnic table, gas grille, outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench, and enclosed yard. Covered parking. No Smoking/Vaping. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars. Can’t stay an entire week? This home is in the Stay Your Way program for the remainder of 2023 and can be reserved in advance with any arrival and departure date, your “mini vacation” is subject to a three nighttime minimum. The fireplace is for display only. What's New for 2023: Daybed with trundle in the sunroom (2 Twins). Brand new mini-split AC/Heat unit has been installed in the daybed/trundle room too keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Property Layout: First Floor: Open living area with TV, kitchen with breakfast bar, and dining area. Half bath. Second Floor: Primary Bedroom with King Bed, TV, adjoining sunroom with Daybed with Trundle (two twins), mini-split, and a TV for streaming only. Private Bath with soaking tub (no jets) and separate shower. Queen Bedroom with TV, Bedroom with 2 Twin Beds and TV. Hallway Bathroom with tub/shower.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as fishing.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the perfect Ocracoke vacation home experience:
When to book & When to go:
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of NC. Book your Ocracoke vacation in the Spring or Fall to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Ocracoke area visitor guides which often include special offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to choose the best rental home:
- To start, have your family choose date ranges and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Makin' Memories: Spacious home in private location has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly available online. Otherwise, reach out to the host before you book the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some properties allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the owner about pet restrictions before booking.
- If there's a specific Ocracoke attraction you simply love, look for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
More tips for your stay:
- Add the host's contact information to your phone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let crooks spoil your trip.
- Note any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Be respectful. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to make sure you have not forget anything. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on great ratings to stimulate new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.6 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.8 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.8 miles