- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyCozy getaway for a couple or modest family. This apartment is attached to our family holiday home in Ocracoke it is designed as a mother-in-law space for the previous owner. We have fixed it up with new floors and new furnishings and kitchen. It has a queen size bed(sheets are not supplied) and a roll out single cot. Cable TV 32 inch flat screen and wireless internet in the master suite. Kitchen has a apartment size 4 Burner stove with oven. Microwave, coffee maker, modest (dorm size) refrigerator. Modest eating table on the enclosed porch. Ideal for a modest family or couple. We do not have a formal cleaning service, so we ask renters to leave it as they found it. Cleaning supplies are included.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guide books with special deals for rental properties, dining and activities. Be on the lookout for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows travelers to experience the same great attractions with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Is it possible to adjust your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer incredible rates on rental properties.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat vacationers of the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners generally offer their clients the opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and selection of short-term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Nearly all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be delighted to find that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Ocracoke Retreat in the Heart of the Village. Efficiency for Rent", go through our short checklist of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Consensus can be tough among family, but once this complicated part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental property
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Keep in mind that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
The majority of rental homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your preferred week. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving a costly rental home. A single individual in your family needs to be in charge of gathering repayments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Vacation home Features
What home features is your family searching for? Are you looking for a rental home with open-air dining area? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Do a few members of your group have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines differ. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be limited. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Where to Search
After the area, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Go Through The Agreement
Read through the complete contract and make certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home price, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your trip.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any required repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be valuable.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every space of the rental home to ensure you've collected all belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most rental websites ask for reviews after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Did they like the rental? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic rental. Otherwise, you have gained useful experience that will help with the next search.
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles