The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $336/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 total pets
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee grinder
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming cats and dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
The Original Marshmellow! Cavernous Ocracoke beach home in the peaceful Jackson Dunes neighborhood. Marsh vistas, sizable front deck, and two screened porches. House was one of the most trendy units for over 25 years, now owner-occupied and selectively rented through Vacation Rental By Owner only. Reverse floor plan with huge open space on the top floor. Stainless kitchen appliances, gas stove, and the best outfitted kitchen you'll find. 65" TV in living room, with TVs in bedrooms as well. All intelligent TVs with cable and premium channels. Starlink satellite internet for fast, problem-complimentary downloads, streaming, and browsing. Owner converted one bedroom into a well-equipped home gym, featuring plenty of weights, bands, bars, bells, and benches. House also features a 4-person golf cart, supplied sheets and towels, Webber grille, Hatteras hammock, outdoor shower, bicycles, helmets, and cavernous flat backyard. New full length concrete driveway poured in 2022. Fish cleaning bench, rods, coolers, and chairs for your beach trips. Property is being conservatively and selectively rented for 4 people max, no smoking. Three day minimum. Keypad combination supplied upon reservation. Thanks!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
2 total pets
Tips and Tricks for getting the best Ocracoke vacation home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summertime is high season in Ocracoke. To get the most suitable rental within budget, we strongly suggest booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular Ocracoke attractions. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your vacation rental.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites frequently offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guide magazines contain coupons for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Planning, picking, and booking the perfect Ocracoke rental:
- Start by having your group choose vacation dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Beach house with views, decks, golf cart and home gym! has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts is commonly available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property management company before you reserve your home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- If your group is bringing pets, you must book a property that allows animals. Get specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Often, property owners charge additional pet fees.
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the host's contact info to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your stay, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon your arrival. E-mail the rental manager immediately to document any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many concerns.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your quiet neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- At departure, take a walk-through to confirm you did not forget any personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the host isn't available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on good reviews to compel new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.8 miles