Each of the Outer Banks five lighthouses is unique. For a beautiful view, visitors can climb Currituck Beach Light, Bodie Island Light and Cape Hatteras Lighthouse for a small fee in season. It's an unforgettable way to see the Outer Banks! Don't forget to bring your camera, as these unique structures and surrounding grounds are some of the most picturesque and iconic attractions in the area.
- As low as $165/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designated smoking areas
- Desk chair
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Jet skiing nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: SMOKING ALLOWED OUTSIDE ONLY
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Sailing nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
The Studio is a really unique and striking property, both inside and out. Located in the heart of the village within walking distance to all the harbor front attractions, The Studio is tucked away, shady and private. The multi level patio is located among live oaks and cedar trees. After a total remodel in 2022, the interior space features an refreshed look that is more cavernous, more functional and more inviting than ever! The Studio is an adult only, pet complimentary, smoke complimentary space. Smoking is allowed outside.
This building was constructed in 1993 and used for 15 years as a working art studio. It is set back off the road, amidst giant live oak and cedar trees, and sits alongside my home, one of the islands designated historic homes. The two buildings are joined by an open breezeway behind the main gate, but when guests are in residence in the studio, we both have separate entrances on opposite sides of the property. The Studio provides all the amenities of home in a private, peaceful and tree shaded setting, with tons of attention to detail. I have tried to make the Studio somewhere I would want to stay, well cared for with tons of personality.
You enter through a completely enclosed multi leveled courtyard space complete with artwork, jasmine, hot/cold out door shower and grille. There are chairs for calming and a dining table for mealtime. Your parking is right outside the gate. Inside, the studio is colorful, unique and furnished for your complete comfort with one queen bed downstairs, a double bed in the upstairs loft space, couch, flat screen TV, entirely equipped kitchen and bath with tub and shower. There is a desk and office chair ideal for working while away! The Studio provides full linen service.
This is the ideal charming and private hideaway for two. The Studio is located within walking distance of the Coffee Company, Zillie's, the harbor front and all downtown stores and eateries. We ask that you do not store or charge electric bicycles on the property.
All Studio guests are strongly urged to buy cancellation insurance through Vacation Rental By Owner. We are an island 30 miles off the coast. Things happen, to people and to the island. The ferry service to the island can be affected at any time in unpredictable ways restricting access to the island. And, we have hurricanes from June through October. Please protect yourselves.
This property is offered by Premier Partner, Debbie Wells, who also manages three other Vacation Rental By Owner properties: Dicie's House on Howard Street #1899844, SoundHouse #2203510 and CanalHouse #2760936. All cottages are personally managed and locally owned and operated and feature great locations, clean and functional interiors and competitive pricing. We hope to see you!
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this apartment is near the beach. Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Ocracoke Lighthouse and British Cemetery. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Our top Rental home booking tips:
When to visit Ocracoke & When to reserve a Ocracoke rental home:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in Ocracoke. To get the best value, try changing your group's trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic.
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier you can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved very early. Booking your vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Hosts sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer renters an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines contain deals for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Selecting and booking your prefectrental:
- First and foremost, have your family commit to vacation dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Beautiful, Historic and Private Retreat for Couples-limit 2 people has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible online. If they are not listed, email or call the property management company before booking the home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to determine what configuration is suitable for your trip.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke beach you are enamored with, keep an eye out for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about your furry family members before booking.
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your .
- During arrival, note any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect your property!
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to propel more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will will be grateful for your experience find their best rental home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles