Spring and fall visitors will notice the popularity of kiteboarding on the Outer Banks the moment they ride down a stretch of soundfront highway. In the off-season months, it's not unusual to spot dozens if not hundreds of multi-colored kites lining the skies over the Outer Banks' miles of sound waters.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyConstructed in the 1920s for Captain Myron Garrish, this historic island home has been enlarged and thoroughly renovated down to the studs. The foundation has been raised, the ceiling has been raised, and now it is time to raise your expectations for a nice and inviting step back in time on the island’s most historic sandy lane.
Snuggled within the ancient live oaks, Howard St is a peaceful and calming place on the island, yet this home is located just steps away from eateries, stores and the magical Silver Lake harbor. Right next door is our other home, the beloved Elsie’s House, so you have the opportunity to rent both if you need more space for bigger family gatherings.
Featuring open living space, 3 peaceful bedrooms, and comfort baths we believe you will feel at home as soon as you walk in. The front porch will be your perch to relax and become an O’Cocker, even if it’s just for a little while. Come appreciate!
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus will offer you printed tourism guides with special packages for rental properties, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Prefer to stay away from the crowds? Off-peak times provide remarkable bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for discounted rates. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to specific vacationers, whether it's soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a consequence of health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
First-timers are often surprised at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, clients are sure to select a rental that matches their wishes and spending plan.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and expertise to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
We have assembled a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Before you start to book "BRAND NEW LISTING for 2019 - Freshly renovated historic island home ", read through our brief list of points to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked very early. To assure the very best selection of properties, we advise searching and booking your Ocracoke rental Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for family groups to plot their Summer trips..
Pick a Village and Date
Agreement can be tough between family members, but once this difficult part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
Does your favorite rental suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few groups or relatives are sharing the cost, be certain that each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Typically, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What property features is the family searching for? Do you want a rental home with outside dining area? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Oftentimes the elder generation has problems with stairs. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your best friend! Although many rental homes allow cats and dogs, rules and costs fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds may be restricted. Make certain you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are added.
Searching the Internet
After the area, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local companies generally have an exclusive assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental has everything you need. If something is missing, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular price, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when booking "BRAND NEW LISTING for 2019 - Freshly renovated historic island home ", as well as any other additional fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you'd like to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required call the property manager right away.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many hassles.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make certain you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for renters to provide comments. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you will want to note that in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they like the vacation rental? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. If the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to filter your search next time.
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.0 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles