- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis unit has been remodeled and ideal for a couple or a modest family. It has a queen bed(sheets are NOT included), and pull out cot. The Lucky Buc adjoins the Buccaneer. There is a privacy fence separating the two, but a gate to open up if renting The Buccaneer with family or friends. We are located 0.1 mile from Zillie's, 0.3 mile from the Community Square on HWY 12 and 2.1 miles from the lifeguard beach.
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with special deals for rental homes, restaurants and activities. Keep an eye out for these books and coupon books, because this allows visitors to experience the very same fantastic attractions at a typically considerable discounted.
- Wish to avoid the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top pricing.
- Many management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning individuals of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve particular customers, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra fuel.
General Vacation Rental Advice
Some people are shocked to learn just how many properties are located in Ocracoke. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Owners often choose management companies to manage online marketing, house cleaning services and repairs and maintenance.
Below are great tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Before you start to book "Pet friendly cottage perfect for a couple or small family.", examine our brief collection of considerations.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental home..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Sometimes, the most challenging part of organizing your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Establish who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you will need. Remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Generally vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Most rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your desired stay. It could be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What home features is your family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Do a few members of your party have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, factor that into your search. Almost all rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your pets. While a number of vacation rentals permit canine companions, rules and fees vary per property. Read your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
As soon as the location, time and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a top-quality vacation experience.
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Details
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. If you discover damage, or if repairs are needed call the rental manager without delay. This may protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Often, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred during your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental management company web sites request reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but genuine about your stay. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. Does everybody want to go back? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning is going to be simple and easy. If not, you have gained invaluable experience to help with the next search.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society Museum Gift Shop - 0.1 miles
- Wheelie Fun Scooter and Gulf Cart Rentals - 0.2 miles
- Restless Native Boat Rentals - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Golf Carts - 0.2 miles
- Island Artworks - 0.2 miles
- Over the Moon - 0.2 miles
- Douglas Hoover - 0.2 miles