Nothing beats an ice-cold beverage while relaxing on the beach. Nothing is worse than reaching for an icy drink and finding your cans swimming. Coolers are essential for family days on the sand. A good modern cooler will keep food and drinks fresh for days. In addition to beverages, fishermen rely coolers to keep bait fresh, and hopefully the catch of the day. Walk onto any beach or pier in North or South Carolina and you’ll see a plethora of cooler models and sizes. Cooler technology has advanced rapidly in modern years. Top-end hard-sided coolers can keep ice frozen for a week. Soft coolers are easier for one person to carry onto a beach, but can still keep food cool for days. Cooler materials and price points vary wildly, so we put together this guide with our recommendations for your coastal vacation.
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Feel Ocracoke Island 'the way it used to be'. A very rustic fishing/beach bungalow located on the Pamlico Sound with sunsets that will take your breath away. This bungalow has a screened porch facing the water, a sizable side deck, and a waterfront sundeck. 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath: Bedroom with Double and 2 Bunk beds. Queen Sleeper Couch in the living area. Bath with shower only. Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, two cable TVs (including a 42 inch TVs with DVD in the living area and TV in the bedroom). The kitchen offers a microwave (no dishwasher). The exterior offers a sundeck, screened porch, huge open deck, and charcoal grille. Water access and boat mooring. *This home does not provide linens. No Dishwasher. NO WASHER. NO DRYER. No Smoking. Pet Friendly. Limit of 2 cars. Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum. Property Layout: Single story home: Open dining and living area with TV. Kitchen. Bedroom with a Double bed and two sets of Bunk Beds. Queen Sleeper Couch in the living room. Bath with shower stall is accessed via the Bedroom. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time before your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Our top Ocracoke vacation rental booking tips:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summer months are high season in Ocracoke. Booking your Ocracoke vacation home in the Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties.
- The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your vacation home up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites usually offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Many rental management companies supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to choose and book your prefectvacation home:
- First, have your group choose vacation dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Sea Biscuit: Pet friendly, rustic soundfront cottage, great sunsets. has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Ocracoke vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible on booking websites. If not, call the property management company before booking the rental. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is right for your vacation.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or costs applied to your agreement.
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your smartphone.
- During arrival, document any issues with the property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often an incredible resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would at home.
- Just before checking out, take a walk-through to confirm you didn't leave anything behind. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a wonderful stay? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property manager was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.8 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.2 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles