The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Appreciate the ideal Ocracoke vacation home for enormous families, Two If By Sea combined (WP18 and WP19). This roomy vacation home offers an open floor plan featuring a living, dining and kitchen on each floor. 8 Bedrooms, 4 Full and 4 Half Baths. This handsome and gorgeously decorated property offers two levels of decks offering vistas of Silver Lake Harbor which is located directly across the street. This property features shared boat dockage accommodating up to two 40’ boats. On the corner of Silver Lake Drive and Creek Road, the Two If By Sea properties offer a short walk or bicycle ride to the Lighthouse, Springer's Point Nature Preserve, and many amazing eateries and stores. Savor a marvelous view of the harbor along with many spectacular Ocracoke sunsets. WP18 offers reverse living to take advantage of astounding vistas - your living area and kitchen is on the second floor as are two of the four sizable, comfortable bedrooms. Two additional bedrooms are located on the first floor. WP19 offers a traditional floor plan with the living area and kitchen on the first floor along with two huge, comfortable bedrooms. Two additional bedrooms are located on the second floor. The combination of WP18 and WP19, provides 8 bedrooms, sleeping for 16 and offers 2 full kitchens, 4 full bathrooms and 4 half baths along with a plethora of other amenities! Fireplaces are not available. 8 bedrooms: 2 bedrooms with a King bed, 6 bedrooms with a Queen bed. Four Jack and Jill Baths (equals 8 Half Baths and four tub/showers). Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 8 cable TVs, and 2 DVD players. The kitchens offers a microwave and dishwasher. Two washers and two dryers. Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival. The exterior offers shared docking with water service (no electricity), porches and decks with water vistas, two hot/cold outdoor showers and two park style charcoal grilles. No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 4 cars. No Partial Week Stays. Property Layout: WP18 – Reverse Floor Plan First Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed, TV, and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet. Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with King bed and Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. WP19 – Traditional Floor Plan First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed and Bedroom with Queen bed (with TV) and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Laundry Closet. Second Floor: Two Bedrooms, each with a Queen Bed and shared Jack and Jill Bathroom. Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More! *Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by calling Ocracoke Island Realty.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best Ocracoke rental experience:
Finding your best deal:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of NC. Booking your Ocracoke vacation rental in Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides contain coupons for local accommodations, restaurants and tours.
How to choose and book the right Ocracoke rental home:
- Select your dates and budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Two If By Sea I and II: Larger home with fabulous views of Silver Lake has 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property owner before you reserve your rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- Some properties allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the owner about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Looking for unique amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your phone.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are out, just like you would back home.
- During arrival, note any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your group have a fantastic vacation? Most rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles