- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoking Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis building was constructed in l993 and used for 15 years as a working art studio. It is set back off the road, amidst giant live oak and cedar trees, and sits alongside my home, one of the islands designated historic homes. The two buildings are joined by an open breezeway behind the main gate, but when visitors are in residence in the studio, we both have separate entrances on opposite sides of the unit. The Studio provides all the amenities of home in a private, peaceful and tree shaded setting, with tons of attention to detail. I have tried to make the Studio somewhere I would want to stay, well cared for with tons of personality.
You enter through a completely enclosed courtyard space complete with hot/cold out door shower and grille. There are outdoor chairs for peaceful and a dining table for mealtime. The courtyard is also ideal for your furry traveling companion as it is completely closed in, accepting your pet a bit of leash complimentary time without worry. Your parking is right outdoor the gate, so getting in and out is a wind. Inside, the studio is colorful, unique and decorated for your complete comfort with two antique double beds, couch, chair, flat screen TV, complimentary NETFLIX stream, IPod dock, DVD player, completely supplied kitchen and bath with tub and shower. Up the captains ladder is a sleeping loft including a second double bed. Both beds are made with 600 thread count sheets, down comforters and pillows. All towels are supplied except beach towels.
This is the ideal charming and private hideaway for two. The Studio is located within walking distance of the Coffee Company, Zillie's, the harbor front and all downtown stores and eateries. Books, board games and limited video library are supplied.
For more please see: https://historicocracokeoasis.wordpress.com/
Keywords: private, convenient, polished, historic district
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many established tourism bureaus offer promotional travel guide books with savings for rental management companies, dining and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to switch your dates? Shoulder seasons provide amazing discounts.
- Several rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning individuals to the same property. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most looking forward to ? If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about getting trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a result of medical emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
You might be shocked to find out how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to suit their Ocracoke family, from restful condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many beginners will be happy to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "Beautiful, Historic, Private Couples Retreat, Pet Friendly, Central location", review our brief list of factors to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plot their Summer vacations..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Consensus can be tough between relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what kind of bedroom setup you will need. Be mindful that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Generally vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
Make certain "Beautiful, Historic, Private Couples Retreat, Pet Friendly, Central location" works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain everybody understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single individual in your company needs to be in charge of getting payments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Needs"
What property features is the family looking for? Are you looking for a rental home with outside dining area? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Suitable access can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. The majority of property listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Remember to include your best friend! Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations may possibly eliminate a potential vacation property. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from having exceptional rental properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check each space of the rental to make sure you've packed all valuables.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to be certain no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Just about all property management companies and rental search sites permit customers to offer comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward with regards to rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the situation.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they love their rental? Ideally everything ended up being fantastic and you are all set to reserve the same rental for next season. Otherwise, you have gained valuable experience to help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles