The Outer Banks is rich in history, from the early explorers who first set foot on its shores 400 years ago to the groundbreaking first flight that launched modern aviation. Every community has a story and a resonant heritage, and as a result, the Outer Banks is home to a number of locally and nationally renowned museums honoring the area's unique stories, culture and landmarks.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoking Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
About this Property
This building was constructed in 1993 and used for 15 years as a working art studio. It is set back off the road, amidst giant live oak and cedar trees, and sits alongside my home, one of the islands designated historic homes. The two buildings are joined by an open breezeway behind the main gate, but when visitors are in residence in the studio, we both have separate entrances on opposite sides of the unit. The Studio provides all the amenities of home in a private, peaceful and tree shaded setting, with tons of attention to detail. I have tried to make the Studio somewhere I would want to stay, well cared for with tons of personality.
You enter through a completely enclosed courtyard space complete with hot/cold out door shower and grille. There are outdoor chairs for peaceful and a dining table for mealtime. The courtyard is also ideal for your furry traveling companion as it is completely closed in, accepting your pet a bit of leash complimentary time without worry. Your parking is right outdoor the gate, so getting in and out is a wind. Inside, the studio is colorful, unique and furbished for your complete appreciation with two antique double beds, couch, chair, flat screen TV, complimentary NETFLIX stream, IPod dock, DVD player, completely supplied kitchen and bath with tub and shower. Up the captains ladder is a sleeping loft including a second double bed. Both beds are made with 600 thread count sheets, down comforters and pillows. All towels are supplied except beach towels.
This is the ideal passionate and private hideaway for two. The Studio is located within walking distance of the Coffee Company, Zillie's, the harbor front and all downtown stores and eateries. Books, board games and limited video library are supplied.
Also check out listing #1899844, Dicie's House on Howard Street, sister unit to The Studio. They are a brief walk from one another....if the studio is booked, Dicie's House may be available, it is a brand new listing for 2020!
For more please see: https://historicocracokeoasis.wordpress.com/
Keywords: private, convenient, elegant, historic district
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with special offers for rental homes, dining and tours. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds and spend less? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of rental companies offer unique discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to learn how many vacation rentals are offered in Ocracoke. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to come across a vacation home which fits their desires and spending plan.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine service problems that may occur.
We have put together a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Do you believe "Beautiful, Historic, Private Retreat, Pet Friendly, Central location" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental properties start booking very early. To assure the very best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. A lot of visitors prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose your Town and Vacation Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes more straightforward.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Be mindful that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. If not, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Check to make sure "Beautiful, Historic, Private Retreat, Pet Friendly, Central location" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If many groups or relatives are sharing the cost, check to make sure everybody understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single member of your party must be given the task of getting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you want a rental property with open-air lounge? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property rate? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do members of your group have specific needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure to include your pets. Although quite a few vacation homes permit cats and dogs, rules and fees fluctuate per property. Type of animal, size and breeds can be controlled. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from having exceptional properties, local agencies offer outstanding service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of comparable homes that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest chance for a lower rate will be changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Contract
Read the entire contract and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal fee, guests have to pay state taxes when renting "Beautiful, Historic, Private Retreat, Pet Friendly, Central location", along with various other fees which may be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers reassurance should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages right after you arrive. Call the property manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be helpful.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay a little more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental websites ask for feedback after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but honest with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Did they enjoy their rental? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic rental home. If not, you've gained useful rental search experience that will help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Annabelle's Florist and Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Village Craftsmen - 0.1 miles
- Natural Selections Hemp Shop - 0.1 miles
- Magic Bean Coffee Bazaar - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Yoga with Amy - 0.1 miles
- Books to be Read & Deepwater Pottery - 0.1 miles