- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoking Allowed
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThis building was constructed in l993 and used for 15 years as a working art studio. It is set back off the road, amidst giant live oak and cedar trees, and sits alongside my home, one of the islands designated historic homes. The two buildings are joined by an open breezeway behind the main gate, but when visitors are in residence in the studio, we both have separate entrances on opposite sides of the unit. The Studio provides all the amenities of home in a private, peaceful and tree shaded setting, with tons of attention to detail. I have tried to make the Studio somewhere I would want to stay, well cared for with tons of personality.
You enter through a completely enclosed courtyard space complete with hot/cold out door shower and grille. There are outdoor chairs for calming and a dining table for mealtime. The courtyard is also ideal for your furry traveling companion as it is completely closed in, accepting your pet a bit of leash complimentary time without worry. Your parking is right outdoor the gate, so getting in and out is a wind. Inside, the studio is colorful, unique and decorated for your complete appreciation with two antique double beds, couch, chair, flat screen TV, complimentary NETFLIX stream, IPod dock, DVD player, completely supplied kitchen and bath with tub and shower. Up the captains ladder is a sleeping loft including a second double bed. Both beds are made with 600 thread count sheets, down comforters and pillows. All towels are included except beach towels.
This is the ideal charming and private hideaway for two. The Studio is located within walking distance of the Coffee Company, Zillie's, the harbor front and all downtown stores and eateries. Books, board games and limited video library are supplied.
For more please see: https://historicocracokeoasis.wordpress.com/
Keywords: private, convenient, superb, historic district
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus offer guide books with savings for accommodations, dining and attractions. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, because this allows vacationers to take advantage of the very same activities at a often substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discount rates. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it is downtown units with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual home owners often offer their customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover how many rental properties are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to fit their Ocracoke family, from peaceful condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners typically select management companies to facilitate advertising, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Beautiful, Historic, Private Couples Retreat, Pet Friendly, Central location", review our short checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Many households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Date
Quite often, the most challenging part of planning your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the party. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
Many rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired stay. It could be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental property. One member of your family will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
What amenities is your group looking for? Do you only desire a home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds could be restricted. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included.
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Study The Agreement
Read through the complete contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Be considerate of the local community. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to assure you've packed all belongings.
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all rental management companies and rental websites permit travellers to give feedback. If your property and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but sincere about your stay. The best property owners and managers will try hard to fix the issue.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.3 miles
- Annabelle's Florist and Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Village Craftsmen - 0.1 miles
- Natural Selections Hemp Shop - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- Yoga with Amy - 0.1 miles
- Books to be Read & Deepwater Pottery - 0.1 miles
- The Gathering Place - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles