- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoking Allowed
- Wireless Internet
About this Property
This building was constructed in 1993 and used for 15 years as a working art studio. It is set back off the road, amidst giant live oak and cedar trees, and sits alongside my home, one of the islands designated historic homes. The two buildings are joined by an open breezeway behind the main gate, but when visitors are in residence in the studio, we both have separate entrances on opposite sides of the unit. The Studio provides all the amenities of home in a private, peaceful and tree shaded setting, with tons of attention to detail. I have tried to make the Studio somewhere I would want to stay, well cared for with tons of personality.
You enter through a completely enclosed multi leveled courtyard space complete with artwork, jasmine, hot/cold out door shower and grille. There are chairs for appealing and a dining table for mealtime. The courtyard is also ideal for your furry traveling companion as it is completely closed in, accepting your pet a bit of leash complimentary time without worry. Your parking is right outdoor the gate. Inside, the studio is colorful, unique and furbished for your complete appreciation with two double beds, couch, chair, flat screen TV, thoroughly supplied kitchen and bath with tub and shower. Up the captains ladder is a sleeping loft including the second double bed.
This is the ideal passionate and private hideaway for two. The Studio is located within walking distance of the Coffee Company, Zillie's, the harbor front and all downtown stores and eateries.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DUE TO COVID, WE ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING ALL LINEN SERVICE, BRING ALL YOUR OWN SHEETS, TOWELS, AND PILLOWS. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Also check out listing #1899844, Dicie's House on Howard Street, sister unit to The Studio. They are a brief walk from one another....if the studio is booked, Dicie's House may be available, it is a brand new listing for 2020!
For more please see: https://historicocracokeoasis.wordpress.com/
Keywords: private, convenient, handsome, historic district
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus offer promotional travel guide books with promotions for vacation rentals, restaurants and tours. These guides may provide a good start to your rental search.
- Can you change your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons can offer phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for special discounts. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific types of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Rental Home Advice
Some people are shocked to discover the number of vacation rentals are offered in Ocracoke. With such a big selection, guests are sure to locate a property which fits their desires and price range.
Nearly all rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
We've developed a brief guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and book the right rental property:
Before you book "Beautiful, Historic, In Town, Private Retreat for Couples, Pet Friendly, ", examine our brief collection of things to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many renowned destinations, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for family groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Consensus can be tricky between relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
How Many Beds?
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Keep in mind that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your party. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Does the preferred rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everybody knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single member of your group must be given the task of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are bed linens included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do members of your crew have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. Most vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the family travelling with a pet dog? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be limited. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
Once the area, time and people are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Aside from offering exclusive properties, local companies offer you excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the rental has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Read through the complete agreement and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should disaster strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager straight away. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents often times live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each room of the rental property to make sure you've gathered all possessions.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Virtually all vacation rental web sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something went wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your review.
Does everybody want to go back? With a little luck everything was exceptional and you're excited to reserve the rental home for next season. If not, you've acquired useful experience to help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.1 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles