The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Car Available
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyOur bungalow named 'Zillies' is designed for two people to show up and have everything they need for an spectacular carefree visit... bicycles, kayaks, beach chairs, beach umbrella, beach toys, coolers, gas/charcoal grilles, linens and towels are all included with your rental. Monogrammed sheets, plush towels and a generous DVD library are just part of the special 'extras' you will appreciate. Its the ideal charming, inviting, get away for any couple. Honeymooners appreciate Zillies! 4WD Jeep Wrangler available for rent. Bose surround sound audio system systems with I Pod docks, and WIFI are just a few of the great includes you will find. Zillies Cottage is not your average rental. Decorated with our beach treasures and art work by our young nieces and nephews its a magical little bungalow. Zillies also has an marvelous outdoor shower which all our visitors appreciate (check out the reviews). The shower is adorned with our special beach treasures we've found over the years. We call it "treasure from foreign lands". :-)
Ocracoke Island is really a special place and was voted #1 Beach in America by Dr Beach for good reason. Where else can you find 13 miles of 4 Wheel Drive accessible, uninhabited, undeveloped, pristine beaches?
Come see what makes this island special and you will fall in adore with the peaceful and solitude you discover. Spend some time on the island and reconnect with your partner. Zillies rents Saturday to Saturday during the season. Units of less then a full week are allowed ONLY in the off season. Please check our calendar below for availability.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guide books with special offers for rental properties, dining and activities. Look for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows vacationers to discover the very same terrific attractions at a considerable discounted.
- Can you alter your dates? Off-peak times provide sizable markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for price reductions. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of travellers. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to nightlife. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Information
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and wide range of weekly properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke crew, from tranquil condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and expertise to provide painless operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have put together a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Do you think "Unique, Romantic, Cozy, Island Cottage on #1 Beach in America 2007" is the perfect rental property for your next vacation? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. A lot of households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Pick a Town and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging part of preparing for your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Just How Many Beds?
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you should have. Be mindful that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Most rental properties are advertised with a cost range. Determine the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a costly rental. Usually, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or close to night life? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental property rate? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Proper accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. Nearly all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party visiting with a family dog? Pet policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. A number of restrictions could eliminate a potential rental property. Make sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match guests with rental home owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies usually have a unique collection of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and property owners often offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any fixes. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Nearly all rental home web sites request feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but sincere with regards to stay. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next time.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.0 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles