- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThe Berkley Suites is a charming, 2-story home located on the same unit grounds as the Berkley Manor. Located directly across the street from Silver Lake, the Suites includes striking sunset vistas all through the west side of the home, making your visit to Ocracoke that much more memorable. In close proximity to the home are the Swan Quarter and Cedar Island ferry terminal and the heart of Ocracoke Village. The Suite's just right location makes transportation to and from Ocracoke more convenient and accepts you to spend more time time doing what you adore on the island.
- Full kitchen
- Ice Maker
- min. Occupancy 14
- Suite 1: Full bathroom, mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker. Room 1a) 1 Queen sized bed, twin couch. Room 1b) Queen sized bed, twin couch
- Suite 2: Full bathroom, mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker. Room 2a) 1 Queen sized bed, twin couch. Room 2b) Bunk setup - 2 full lower beds, 2 twin upper beds
Suite 3: Full bathroom, mini refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker. Room 3a) 1 Queen sized bed, twin couch. Room 3b) Queen sized bed, twin couch
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental properties supply Ocracoke area discount books which feature deals, either offered independently by vendors, or through a relationship between the property management company and the store itself. Search for these publications and discount books, since this allows vacationers to experience those great activities with a significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Off-peak times offer substantive markdowns.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies provide price cuts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You should prioritize your proximity to the family activities and places of interest you are most interested in.
- Consider getting trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
You might be surprised to uncover just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to locate a rental home that fits their desires and spending budget.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property owners frequently select management companies to assist with advertising, housekeeping and routine maintenance.
Below are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you think "NEW IN 2018! Beautiful house across from Silver Lake on the Berkley Estate" is the best vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this guide to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Many households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your trip is choosing where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be simplier and easier.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
Check to make sure "NEW IN 2018! Beautiful house across from Silver Lake on the Berkley Estate" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking an expensive rental property. A single member of your party must be given the task of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is your group trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Will the property need to be oceanfront, downtown, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are sheet sets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Make sure you include your best friend! Animal policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Examine your agreement very carefully! Charges may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Once the place, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies often have an exclusive collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read through the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal health care emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Book your Vacation Property
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. If you find damage, or if fixes are required contact the property manager without delay. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be very helpful.
- You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. More often than not, neighboring properties are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Just about all property management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to offer comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward with regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to fix the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific vacation rental. Maybe the rental was not ideal, and you'll better know how to refine your search for the next time.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.1 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles