Ocracoke's long history has some interesting highlights, but none of the local legends and legacies are as far-reaching or as popular as the island's local pirates. As the temporary home to a crew of notorious buccaneers, including Blackbeard himself, Ocracoke is the destination of choice for pirate lovers who want to explore the stomping grounds of the island's most notorious residents.
- As low as $207/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 1 bathroom
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Ceiling fan
- Charcoal grill
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Pet friendly
- Pets stay free
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 4 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This freshly remodeled and charmingly decorated Pet Friendly Ocracoke home offers a unique split-level design. Sawbones is located across from North Pond, offering a glimpse of Pamlico Sound. Savor simple walking or cycling distance to Silver Lake Harbor, water sports, stores, galleries and multiple eateries.
4 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 2 Bedrooms each with a Queen Bed, Double Sleeper Couch and Futon.
Conveniences include conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, cable TV and a Blu-ray DVD player. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a hot/cold outdoor shower, decks, park style charcoal grille and laundry shed.
Pet Friendly. Limit of 2 Dogs.
*This home does not provide linens. No dishwasher. No Smoking.
Short Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Level 1: Open floor plan with Kitchen and Dining Area. Bedroom with Queen Bed. Full Bath with tub/shower.
Level 2: Four steps up to a Living Area with TV/DVD. Deck Access. Bedroom located off the Living Area with Sleeper Couch, TV and glass doors.
Level 3: Two bedrooms with cathedral ceilings. Bedroom with Queen Bed. Bedroom with Futon and covered porch access.
Ground Level: Laundry Shed.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. British Cemetery and Ocracoke Lighthouse are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets stay free
- Service animals welcome
Strategies to get the perfect vacation property experience:
When to book a Ocracoke rental & When to go:
- Summer time is high season in the Ocracoke area. Reserve your vacation in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner your group can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your vacation home.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group.
- Property management companies typically offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitors guides contain money saving offers on nearby accommodations and attractions.
How to choose the perfect vacation home:
- Start by selecting your trip dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Sawbones: Unique Pet Friendly A Frame Home has 4 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is generally accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the property owner before reserving the vacation property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a particular Ocracoke destination you crave, search for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you must reserve a pet-friendly rental. Get details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Be aware that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Tips for a smooth stay:
- Put the host's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- During arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, television set or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents a lot of concerns.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all personal items at check-out. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on great reviews to inspire more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.8 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.8 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.2 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles