The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis 2 bedroom holiday home on Ocracoke Island offers two screened porches, one covered porch, and a sundeck. Retreat to the cupola to adore marsh and distant sound vistas. Tucked among the trees and overlooking the marsh, Xenia House offers a fabulous private holiday setting. Featuring a entirely supplied kitchen and appealing casual island decor this home is sure to give amazing holiday memories.
2 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths: 1 with Queen, 1 with two Twins. Sleeper Couch in living area.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, cable TV and DVD player. Wireless internet access. The kitchen includes a microwave. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers two screened porches, outdoor space, hammock, hot/cold outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Dishwasher. No Telephone.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Half Bath with Laundry Closet and stack washer/dryer.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen Bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with two Twin beds.
Third Floor: Loft with seating and desk.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many rental managers and rental houses provide Ocracoke area travel discount books which include money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or via a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Could you shift your vacation week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning visitors of the same rental home. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly getting excited about ? If there's a specific Ocracoke activity you simply love, look for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer their customers the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed due to health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to fit their Ocracoke group, from calm condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Xenia House: Enjoy decks and screened porch overlooking the marsh." is the best rental home for your upcoming visit? Read this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months before a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Pick a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Be mindful that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your company. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Spending Limit
Most rentals are presented with a price range. Determine the rate for your desired week. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a pricey rental property. A single member of your group will have to be in charge of collecting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you just want a rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a family dog? Even though quite a few rental homes permit pets, rules and costs vary per property. Many constraints may possibly dismiss a potential rental. Make sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to confirm the rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. This is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many rentals sit empty.
Study the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard fee, vacationers have to pay state taxes when booking "Xenia House: Enjoy decks and screened porch overlooking the marsh.", as well as various other additional fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you find problems, or if repairs are required contact the rental manager straight away. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be valuable.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Many times, nearby properties are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Most vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit renters to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your stay. The best property owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. Did they enjoy their stay? Maybe everything was outstanding and you're ready to re-book the same property for next season. If the property wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to refine your search next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles