- As low as $220/Week
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Coffee/tea maker
- DVD player
- Internet access
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyThis two-story waterfront townhouse is the ideal place to relax and take in the spectacular sunset vistas over Pamlico Sound. Located on a modest side road off Silver Lake Road this property has private decks and simple water access providing an ideal place for your event to launch personal watercraft and discover the island. The docking here is shallow and only accepts shallow watercrafts. Both the downstairs living area and upstairs master bedroom are open to the view of the sound, where one can appreciate lazily watching boats and ferries going to and from the mainland. Upon entering this unit, you are greeted by a handsome hand painted mural that leads you to the second floor. The sizable second bedroom upstairs is great for families needing a children’s room, having a pyramid bunk bed, queen-sized bed, and a twin bed. The master bedroom upstairs has a private bathroom and private deck access. This Saturday turn day property does not provide linens or towels, please inquire about rental options.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will send you promotional tourism guides with special packages for property management companies, dining and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to switch your trip dates? Off-peak times offer up sizable bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get cost savings. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly longing for during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers tend to be surprised at the range and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners often choose management companies to assist with online marketing, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We've constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
How to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Do you believe "Water's View - Blue Heron Realty" is the best vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Look over this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned hot spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plot their Summer vacations..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Start by choosing which specific area of Ocracoke you'd like to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you'll need. Keep in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of vacation homes are advertised with a cost range. Determine the cost for your preferred stay. It could be at the high end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a costly rental property. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Do you simply want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or close to restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental home rate? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do people in your crew have specific needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Remember to include your furrry friends. While many rentals permit cats and dogs, guidelines and fees vary per property. Make sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
After the place, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard fee, vacationers have to pay state taxes when renting "Water's View - Blue Heron Realty", as well as any other additional fees that may be required based upon their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be valuable.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Frequently, neighboring households are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Ensure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Most rental management company web sites ask for testimonials after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest with regards to rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their rental? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you're all set to reserve the rental for next year. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles