After a few days of sunny beach afternoons, fantastic local attractions, and all the amenities that attract people to the Outer Banks, many visitors find themselves daydreaming about a more permanent vacation. Whether your ultimate goal is to own an investment property, a retirement or vacation home, or simply a year-round home on the beach, the Outer Banks is filled with incredible opportunities and a variety of properties for sale.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUncle Milton's offers painless walking distance to village activities, stores, galleries and eateries. This comfortable, well maintained bungalow is within walking distance to Silver Lake Harbor. Appreciate marsh vistas from the outdoor space and screened porch.
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath: Bedroom with Queen bed. Living/dining area with Sleeper Couch. Bedroom opens onto a screened porch with a view of the marsh. Bath has shower stall only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, fish bench and plenty of decking.
*This home does not give linens.
Pet Neighborly - Dogs Only. No Smoking. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Can’t stay an entire week?
This home is in the Stay Your Way program and can be reserved in advance with any arrival and departure date, your “mini holiday” is subject to a three nighttime minimum. Yes, even in the summer! Stay Your Way homes can be booked months in advance.
WHAT’S NEW: Wireless internet access, Queen bed, 50" TV in Living area and sleeper couch in living area.
Single story home: Open dining, and living area with TV/DVD. Kitchen. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV. Sleeper Couch in living area. Bath with Shower stall. Laundry area.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus will send you guides with savings for rental homes, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Can you change your vacation week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get price reductions. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are basically catered to particular customers, whether it's soundside units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you just love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual property owners commonly offer customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
You might be shocked to uncover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to suit their Ocracoke gang, from peaceful condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many newcomers will be happy to learn that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Do you believe "Uncle Milton's House: Pet friendly cottage, close to harbor, marsh views." is the best vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of homes, we advise searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Quite often, the toughest part of planning your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else is simplier and easier.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is suitable for the family. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
The majority of rental properties are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your selected week. It could be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each person's share.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What home features is the family looking for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Does the rental have bikes and body boards available during your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do a few members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other people in the party travelling with a pet? Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Many limitations may eliminate a prospective rental property. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies will have an exclusive assortment of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Total Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your observations.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most vacation rental sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing recommendations. If something was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they feel about the vacation rental? Maybe everything ended up being wonderful and you are all set to re-book the same rental for next season. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles